Trustfire SCC P7-C Info

Nils

Newly Enlightened
Re: Buy Trustfire SCC P7-C 2x18650 + Info

@Freedom2000: Why are you interested in reviews if you already bought yours? To late to save your money anway ;)

I agree on the tint. I like the warm tint of my C8 P7 more as well. But to be true tint is always less noticeable once you have nothing to compare it to. Which is usualy the case when you actually NEED a flashlight :D

As for unsoldering the driver: No way! Already b0rged my DX mini helicopter last week and bought a trekking bike which is 2 sizes to large. So I am not out to screw this one as well.

And I just ADDED a little solder to a place where there had been solder BEFORE. So It shouldn't be a problem garantie wise. Though I think it wont fail shortly as I am through at least 4 sets of batteries now. So the initial "burning in" phase is done.

I'll try to do some beamshots on monday. Didn't have the time yet. Guess I'll compare to the WF-800 Q5.

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened

HI,

I am waiting for mine !!!

Please reviews, beamshots... :wave:

thanks
JP

Yes, yes!!! I am also waiting for mine, but I look forward to some posters posting their beamshots, so that I can start :eek: :eek: :eek: now!!! :) :) :)

freedom2000

Newly Enlightened

@Freedom2000: Why are you interested in reviews if you already bought yours? To late to save your money anway ;)

:twothumbs right my money is already lost !

But as I really "need" this new flashlight, and as I can't bear waiting... a few beamshots will help me to still wait a few days more

JP

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened

So should I assume that this light is the same as the

TrustFire SSC P7 C-BIN 900-Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight 1x18650? SKU13336

I'd much rather have the smaller size of a single cell.

Also, it looks like the twin of the Aurora AK-P7 12W SSC P7 2-Mode LED Flashlight. SKU12624

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened

I was wondering if we will get the same output with our Trustfire SCC P7-C 2x18650 as a Mag-Lite modded with a p7 that I saw in this post?
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php/topic,6466.0.html

After seeing these pics I was :faint: :faint: :D :D

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0151.jpg

I know that it would be a different reflector, but would we get a similar result? :whistle::)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

We still don't know how hard P7 is driven (in Trustfire). Currend to the emitter in this Mag is 3,3A! Smooth reflector makes more intense hotspot so even with the same current Trustfire would seem dimmer (lets say similar without brighter "donut").

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened

We still don't know how hard P7 is driven (in Trustfire). Currend to the emitter in this Mag is 3,3A! Smooth reflector makes more intense hotspot so even with the same current Trustfire would seem dimmer (lets say similar without brighter "donut").

Thanks for the information! :) Then, we will wait the first reviews, and let's hope that it meets our expectations!:popcorn: ;)

Thanks again! :twothumbs

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Well, mine arrived DOA!

The "pill" is simply not working. I took it all apart and tried making connection manually with the battery tube. Nothing. I pulled out an almost identical WF-500 body that I know works (to eliminate switch problems, etc.) and tried making the manual connection. No luck.

It's just dead.

I never tried returning something to DX, but I think I'll try with this one.

freedom2000

Newly Enlightened

Well, mine arrived DOA!

The "pill" is simply not working. I took it all apart and tried making connection manually with the battery tube. Nothing. I pulled out an almost identical WF-500 body that I know works (to eliminate switch problems, etc.) and tried making the manual connection. No luck.

It's just dead.

I never tried returning something to DX, but I think I'll try with this one.

Oups, you are unlucky... try first to negociate a "non return ticket" with DX... They did it for me but it was for a 3$ driver...

I am more and more afraid to get mine ...

JP

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Thanks for the advice, Freedom2K. I just started a ticket and am waiting for a response.

freedom2000

Newly Enlightened

did you try to put some voltage (3V) directly on the led to check whether it works or not ?

IMSabbel

Enlightened

Well, mine is at the post office. Will pick it up tomorrow morning.
After all this reports, i hope i get a good draw from the lottery...

MikeV

Newly Enlightened

So whats the word on this P7? Is it driving the P7 at 2.8 amps or do we know yet?

Thanks.
Mike.

HumanLumen

Newly Enlightened

I would say that is is not driven at 2.8amps, based on my and one others' Vf readings (3.17v and 3.25v respectively) and certainly on my example the fact the bare emitter lux value is the same as a bare emitter I have driven at 1.4amps. I believe that my example is underdriven compared to others (battery current 1.1amps CF circa 1.8 amps for other users)
I will be taking the pill apart as soon as I can - probably in a week's time.
Cheers,
HL

IMSabbel

Enlightened

Ok. Mine has arrived.

- The P7 has a bit of the dome damaged. Not a lot, not in the center, but noticeable
- The Reflector isnt as deep as it seems. The P7 sits centered in a 2cm or so thick "backplate"
- The springs are a bit loose.
- Lots of stuff unscrewable...
- Tint is a bit purble-ish
- Output and beampattern:
Wider spill than a Fenix P3D. About 50% bigger spill diameter
_Brighter_ spill than P3D. Would say double, if not more
Hotspot about 50% bigger than P3D, and significantly brighter. (Fenix == turbo)
Spot ís not to bad. No rings, no real donut if more than 1-2m distance.

If there is interest, i can make a few pictures in comparison to my p3d later...

easilyled

Flashaholic

Ok. Mine has arrived.

- The P7 has a bit of the dome damaged. Not a lot, not in the center, but noticeable
- The Reflector isnt as deep as it seems. The P7 sits centered in a 2cm or so thick "backplate"
- The springs are a bit loose.
- Lots of stuff unscrewable...
- Tint is a bit purble-ish
- Output and beampattern:
Wider spill than a Fenix P3D. About 50% bigger spill diameter
_Brighter_ spill than P3D. Would say double, if not more
Hotspot about 50% bigger than P3D, and significantly brighter. (Fenix == turbo)
Spot ís not to bad. No rings, no real donut if more than 1-2m distance.

If there is interest, i can make a few pictures in comparison to my p3d later...

I would send it back. The faults you describe should not be there even
in a relatively inexpensive light.

My MTE SSC-P7 that I bought from Dx sounds far better.

I hope they will replace it with something better.

IMSabbel

Enlightened

Well, the only thing really annoying is the stain on the dome. I took a closer look. seems to be a tiny bit of thermal paste. Can you just use alcohol to rub it of?

Otherwise, to be honest, i do like the output, and i am in no mood to send poop back to hong kong (more effort than worth it in that case...)

IMSabbel

Enlightened

Well, i found one design error in the thing:
The heatsinking is horribly ****ed up. Seeing the size of the body, and the _really_ thick walls of the battery tube (I think you could drive a truck over that part), i was hoping it to be good.

But the thermal path is all wrong: Heat can only reach the body (including the "heatsink rings") by a few mm wide ring all the way at the lense, via the aluminium reflector.

Had they just made it so the pill is screwed into the battery tube, and the reflector over it, the emitter could be 20C cooler, easily (pill gets enormously hot before the outside even starts to heat up)

12Johnny

Newly Enlightened

Well, i found one design error in the thing:
The heatsinking is horribly ****ed up. Seeing the size of the body, and the _really_ thick walls of the battery tube (I think you could drive a truck over that part), i was hoping it to be good.

But the thermal path is all wrong: Heat can only reach the body (including the "heatsink rings") by a few mm wide ring all the way at the lense, via the aluminium reflector.

Had they just made it so the pill is screwed into the battery tube, and the reflector over it, the emitter could be 20C cooler, easily (pill gets enormously hot before the outside even starts to heat up)

Thanks for the information and first impressions, and could we do something about this design error, so that it would help it to run cooler? :thumbsup: Perhaps something like what other users do with the UltraFire WF-500 3-Cree Flashlight (sku 7933)?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7933

7933-6b714d74-0854-4626-9c2e-47173d1fbb9d.jpg

This is what users of this flashlight stated:

Cons: Wont last long if you dont fill the head with aluminium foil and heat sink compound.

Bottomline: If you can fill the head cavity with aluminium foil and heat sink compound to combat the heat you can have a very reliable torch.

Cons: doesn't get warm at all, so still need heat transfer improvement. I'm going to try the alu foil pack in mod to see if I get warmer heat transfer.

Other Thoughts: When you decide to use the aluminum foil, cut and fold the aluminum in about a 1 inch width, making sure to compact the foil as you fold about 6 times. Then run the foil around the lower portion of the reflector, making folds as necessary for an even mold.

And about that:

Yes!! If you had some minutes to do so, we all would appreciate it! ;):popcorn:

Thanks a lot! :p

Last edited: