• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Type II silver A2 head - what are my chances?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are my chances of getting hold of a Type II anodized silver A2 head? I've seen the raw Al finish and I like the color, but a protective coat of clear anodizing on top of it would (in my limited understanding) afford a little extra protection against oxidation and require less polishing, similar to how the Famous 2AA Light achieves its 'silver' finish. Those last a long time, I have one that has sat here for many many years and has never been polished.

I'm looking at my E2e-SG and I'm having thoughts about 'upgrade' that I REALLY shouldn't have.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL,

I have been spending too much time babysitting and dealing with special colored and prototype parts to and from the anodizers lately. I suggest you contact a local to you anodizer and ask them if they could do you the favor of plating a raw 6061T6 flashlight head without hitting you with a min lot charge. I have found that cash with no receipt towards the "beer fund" can get some cool results. If you find a plater, then you can take in a raw Al head for this. In the mean time, you can always use the head in its naked state?!?!

KevinL,
You might also be able to find a chrome version (as seen here ) if you look carefully. I believe they should be a fair bit more durable than the raw aluminum.

eeeew nekkid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry Don, I'm not about to besiege you with requests to do clear heads (that's why it didn't come in the form of a PM, rather an open question to "all on CPF"). Was wondering if there was any interest vs just plain Al.

But point taken about the beer fund /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif say, do you take cash? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Catman10, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Nickel sounds cool, too.

Dito to Catman ... the chrome versions are really nice and a very shiny silver ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

I can help you to sent it for anodizing to any color you want be it clear, gold or red, blue.

But just one problem I'm in Singapore
The anodizing is around $25 per light including the Bezel, body and tailcap.

I'm not making any money here. Ask bajaman I just help him to turn 2 sets of aleph into Gold color.

I can email you the photos if you want to.

Cool, will get a quote from you if I do decide to go ahead with this project. It's either that or I may go for a L4 instead, though it sacrifices the nice SG color. Now, an L4-SG... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Morganch_oh said:
I can help you to sent it for anodizing to any color you want be it clear, gold or red, blue.

But just one problem I'm in Singapore
The anodizing is around $25 per light including the Bezel, body and tailcap.

I'm not making any money here. Ask bajaman I just help him to turn 2 sets of aleph into Gold color.

I can email you the photos if you want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's cool Morgan! That's US$25 right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And is that the gold plating you talked about previously or anodizing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif