U.S. military "angle head" lights?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, has anyone EVER seen a Fulton anglehead

flashlight in BLUE color (for the Navy) ?

I saw a photo of one, on "the internet".

Anyone ever see one of these in real life ?

Just curious.

_

Never actually saw one but Fulton has one on thier site listed as a "telecommunications" light.I think all the Navy lights are grey colored and I don't think there was an anglehead-not for sure though.
Link:http://www.fultonindoh.com/?veiw=veiw_product&id=66

Sorry,the direct link isn't working.On the main site click "special purpose" then more products "2" and you will see it listed.

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, has anyone EVER seen a Fulton anglehead
flashlight in BLUE color (for the Navy) ?
I saw a photo of one, on "the internet".
Anyone ever see one of these in real life ?
Just curious.

Never saw a blue one. All the lights I saw in the Navy were (are) gray. Actually most things in the Navy are gray. Do you have a link to the picture?

There are both angle heads and straight versions with the straight model being the most common. (Fulton N42 U.S. MX993/U NSN# 6230-00-270-5418)

Mark

Mdinana

Enlightened
Anyone ever try the AA versions of these? I seem them occasionally at the Army/Navy stores. Never bought one, as I don't use the original too often (in the dresser at my parents house)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever try the AA versions of these? I seem them occasionally at the Army/Navy stores. Never bought one, as I don't use the original too often (in the dresser at my parents house)

I have a very vague memory from long, long ago. I think the bulb was the same bi-pin bulb as the Minimag. Think minimag in plastic for output, but not focusable. It does give you the different form factor and switch though. That's all extremely vague and models you are seeing now may be different. Bottom line is I didn't replace the minimag I was carrying in the field with one, so it's probably a useful comparison.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moon beams! Yep. Got a couple sitting here right now. How to mod? How to mod?
Anybody try an ROP anglehead? Not sure at what point the anglehead starts to melt.

swampgator

Enlightened
Moon beams! Yep. Got a couple sitting here right now. How to mod? How to mod?
Anybody try an ROP anglehead? Not sure at what point the anglehead starts to melt.

Like I said earlier I put 3 123s and 7.2V bulb in one while playing around. It was light weight and bright but I don't know how long the reflector and lens would hold up.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was toying with idea of making something like a Milky Candle. Put a low current LED, resistor, and have something that just eats batteries. I keep a bunch of those battery adapters on hand AA to C to D.
I haven't had the flashlights apart in a heck of a long time. Maybe mag led drop in would do the trick.