uh-oh. L2T probs.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
orionlion82 said:
my L2T has been holding up perfectly in the field untill now.

went to ragap my plugs last night, and it was dark.

pulled out the l2t and nothing. *click*click*click* WTF?

so i put some fresh batteries in just off the charger.

nothing.

so i use the standard flashlight repair method of "percussive persuasion"
and finally i get a flicker. then some really low low low output. enough to do plugs anyway...

twisting the bezel to get to high causes it to flicker like crazy, but i cant get it to hold anything but "low" or "super-stoopid low"

so today i cleaned it out with a q-tip and some cleaner, (filthy threads, took about 6 q-tips) and dressed the threads with some anti seize (nice and smooth now)

now i can get normal low relaibly, but i have to monkey with it to get high, and most of the time it just flickers at several different brightnesses, and i really cant be on the job playing with a flashligt to get it to work for me properly.

thoughts anyone?
how to fix it?
comon problem?
Sounds like my P1...

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
orionlion82 said:
Thats a very fine offer, and truly above and beyond any expectations ive had, since i did not purchace it from you or your store, but some random amazon seller.

however i cant accept it. i want to be able to give the word straight about any product, and treatment like this may be viewed as comprimising- i cant and wont go there.

have you proven to me that you are an excellent vendor?
yes. you are easily more than fair and are pretty driven to have happy coustomers. but it seems this problem is not yours to fix?
i am amazed and thankful to be your coustomer, but a new light could not make me more pleased with your service.

the last thing i want for either fenix, a fenix rep, or myself is the impression that quality/engineering issues can be "bought off". -none of us would win there, other customers might lose in the long run, and not only might fenix look bad for it, but you and i would too, and- nothing would be solved.

if fenix has issues they need to look into - well, thats okay.
by all means lets get the issues out in the open and air them out.
i mean whats better than a company having the information available it needs to improve and address the problems down the road?

I would be willing to send the L2T to you if you can have the engineers/designers/factory folks look at it, so whatever problem can be identified and corrected, so your future coustomers might not have these problems- but i cant accept anything in return, you understand.

i wont be able to send it for a while as i have my hands full for the next few weeks. ill be in touch with you about it when i can.

thank you. again, you are too kind.

You make too many assumptions.
This is in no attempt to "buy off" anything.

All manufacturers have to deal with varying tolerances and manufacturing
deviations causing defects and malfunctions. Fenix is not the only one.
Just do a search on surefire and arc. We all have our share of issues.

Also, I do not service defective lights. They go straight to Fenix
engineers for analysis. However, I don't like to keep my customers
or potential customers waiting. So I send a replacement.
Is that clear enough for you?

billgr

Newly Enlightened
i bought both my fenix lights from 4 seven. it's good to know he stands behind them. so far my l1p and l2t are working fine.

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps the problem does lie in the tail as Badbeams3 said. When my L1P arrived many moons ago, it had intermittent problems with switching on and sometimes dimming. A little tightening and cleaning of the switch assembly cured that. Later got an L1T which has seen hundreds if not thousands of mode switches. I'm on my 3rd Fenix now (L1D CE; thanks 4Sevens :D) and haven't had any problems yet. Still waiting on my 2AA tube for the L1DCE.

orionlion82

Enlightened
4sevens said:
You make too many assumptions.
This is in no attempt to "buy off" anything.

All manufacturers have to deal with varying tolerances and manufacturing
deviations causing defects and malfunctions. Fenix is not the only one.
Just do a search on surefire and arc. We all have our share of issues.

Also, I do not service defective lights. They go straight to Fenix
engineers for analysis. However, I don't like to keep my customers
or potential customers waiting. So I send a replacement.
Is that clear enough for you?

Thank you for clarifying.

a good deal of my post was in efforts to dispell any notion of any "buying off" going on, and gave an example of why it would be a bad idea. its clear to me we stand in agreement, and no one could possibly make that assumption from any information in thes thread, as i see it. I wouldnt have it, you wouldnt have it and nobody else would either.

i understand that you are a sales rep/vendor, and do not service or repair lights. i understand that you are not someone that makes design or engineering choices, and cant be expected to. i understand that at your discresion you can pass coustomer feedback to your company as you see fit. i dont think my expectations have been that much of anything else.

when i said:
"...but it seems this problem is not yours to fix?" -this is what i was refering to.
First off, you had no obligation to offer me anything for my troubles with my L2T, as you werent the original vendor. I bought the light from some seller on amazon, and it would be wrong of me to expect anything from you. you went above and beyond and offered to make the situation right. i appreciate that.

...the second part of it, is that while you may or may not pass along coustomer fedback to your company, you dont service, repair or make design or engineering choices, therefore, my issue with the L2T is not something a sales rep/vendor can correct.
when i said "...but it seems this problem is not yours to fix? " i was allso refering to the fact that i felt it was more of an engineering issue, and less of a sales issue.

I must say that i did put my L2T through some severe conditions, that are notorious for bringing out weaknesses in any product.
i went through 2 pairs of angle cutters, 2 pairs of linemans pliers, 2 sets of screwdrivers, 4 razorknifes,and 2 levels in just short of a year untill i found products that would stand up to the job. i can see its a tough task for any manufacturer.

If my L2T had a slight manufacturing deviation that would normally have gone unnoticed in the hands of anyone else, it was just a matter of the luck of the draw.
i understand that not every product that comes off any assembly line is going to be a perfect piece. for the price, however it would have been reasonable of me to expect it would be much less likely. that being said, there are a few fenix lights that have failed, under conditions different than mine, and its my hope that the information in this thread leads to future improvements. i thing fenix has a bright future ahead of it, and thats good to see.

i am actually a bit thrilled that you can confirm that fenix engineers look over the products that come back. im glad you shared this information, as not all companies do these things anymore. its actually a bit exciting, because in some cases, with some products, they just end up in the trash.
i am still be willing to contribute my L2T at some point so fenix can better their products- if you are still willing to make that happen. I am gearing up for a cross country move, so i cant be sure of when quite yet.

allso, i have to say i appreciate doing buisness with you.
My L2D-CE I purchaced from you seems to be holding up much better than my L2T, allthough it has its quirks. regardless, it is serving me well, without any showstoppers so far... I plan on giving my second L2D-CE that is still in new condition, with only a few hours of use, as a gift in the original box with all the trimmings and a proper set of NIMH batteries. I am sure it will be well recieved. if you feel there is any more to discuss, i would wellcome a PM whenever you like.

its rare to deal with people with this much care and concern, and im glad that if i decide to buy a fenix again i would be in such good hands.