UK Light Cannon battery question please.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello: This forum is great!
After reading about the LC here is several
threads, I decided to go pricing and while
at Brightguys webpage, the LC has a footnote
stating that Energizers will not work in
the Light Cannon. Will it not operate on
8 C batteries? I'm assuming *all* batteries
are now alkalines(?)
Thanks

You know what? That is a very good question. I have no idea...and i just got one yesterday. I'm gonna email brightguy and UKE to clarify this. Maybe they meant Energizer Lithiums? Because Energizer seems to be the only company to offer a full line of Lithium batteries - could be a typo. I hope so anyway.

I'd like to hear the answer, since I'm thinking of how to slip one of these past the wife. lol

Here is the answer to this mystery question (is this redundant?). ANyway...

Here is a quote from BrightGuy:
Laurence,
The battery issue just has to do with the size of the negative contact on the battery. The energizers will not harm the light. Energize had redesigned the negative contact making it smaller.... So a number of manufacturers light will not work with the batteries because they don't make contact with the negative terminal.

The Light Cannons are great lights.

Greg."

And here is a quote from Underwater Kinetics:
"Laurence, thank you for your email!

Energizer has changed the polarization on the negative end of their batteries, thus making their cells inoperable in our lights. "

So there is no perfomance related issues other than Energizers will simply will not work due to the way they were redesigned. Whew!
It just goes to show how we need a standard for batteries and their sizes.

P.S. I have to commend these two companies for their QUICK QUICK QUICK response. They responded in less than 8 hours. I sent my email to them at 12:30am PT and i received today at 915am. Wow!
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Tex:
I'd like to hear the answer, since I'm thinking of how to slip one of these past the wife. lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
B.T.,
How about buying it & haveing it sent to me? That way, your wife would never know & you could visit it whenever you come to Houston.
roflmao.gif
I could even send you pictures once in awhile.
xyxthumbs.gif
Email me when you decide to do this so I can give you my shipping address.
bigok.gif
TX