Ultra-Lightweight Light for Mountaineering/Hiking wanted

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would you think about something like a Lummi Raw? Would that be too extreme for hiking? Too expensive? Not enough runtime?

Much as I like them, I wouldn't recommend them for mountaineering due to the small cells. In this case, they're simply too small!!

not_waterproof

Newly Enlightened
Much as I like them, I wouldn't recommend them for mountaineering due to the small cells. In this case, they're simply too small!!

You mean it would be hard to change batteries with gloves? Or if batteries are falling down, they're impossible to find again. :laughing:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If reducing weight is the ultimate goal, I'd go with Fenix L0D-CE (14.5g without battery) and carry a few spare cells. See reviews here and here for runtimes, etc. Both reviews mention the impressive amount of light produced from a single AAA cell, yet it's still understated - especially since the LED has been updated (twice) since these reviews.

not_waterproof

Newly Enlightened
If reducing weight is the ultimate goal, I'd go with Fenix L0D-CE (14.5g without battery) and carry a few spare cells.

Thanks, that one is already on my list. :whistle:

I ordered a Lummi Raw Al in the meantime. I'll see how it goes on forest trails.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I ordered a Lummi Raw Al in the meantime. I'll see how it goes on forest trails.

Keep it far away from anything hard, just a hard look may scratch it!

Aluminium without surface treatment scratch very easily (a HA treatment fixes that). The Raw NS or Raw Ti is much better, if your want to keep the lights surface nice.