Ultrafire 1 watt AAA Review

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire AAA has arrived... have mixed feelings after playing about with it for a bit... exterior finish looks & feels good,quite bright for its size.

My only gripe is the head feels loose on the threads as MMods pointed out earlier in this post... when you switch off by unscrewing say 1/2- 3/4 turn, if you then grip the head and push to one side with your fingers the light makes contact within the assembly and comes on!!. was just trying to simulate senario of being in your pocket etc.

Ive had success by backing it off further,but it somehow defeats the object as it takes ages to turn on.. IMO

Anyone else have problems with loose head/body ???...

regards
cloud

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine just arrived and have only played with it for a few minutes. Small, lightweight and bright. Only slightly larger than my EDC, an Arc AAA.

I agree that the head is too easy to turn and may accidentally be switched on while in pocket. Like my chapstick which always goes into my pocket retracted and come out smashed into the cap. One of the great mysteries of life.

Also, if the UltraFire is anywhere within a half turn of on, you can activate it easily just by pushing in on the head. Could do morse code with this one if I knew how. Definitely at high risk for activation in the pocket or pack. Note to self...be sure to unscrew 3/4 turn before carrying.

KevlarSix

Newly Enlightened
I got my Ultrafire 1 Watt AAA Luxeon today and I was really impressed with it. Very bright output in such a small flashlight. This flashlight is my new favorite among the ones that I have including the SureFire ones.

Turbo_E

Enlightened
i got my ultrafire aaa from quality china goods. the led was kinda off white and not as bright as my Fenix LOP SE.

for the extra $15 i think the fenix is a better deal because of the 3 brightness levels and premium bin Luxeon. i ordered a pair of litium rechargeables from QCG as well but i have already sold my Ultrafire to a friend.

IMO for a light this small, extreme runtime as an option is worth its weight in gold. now i understand how you guys can justify spending $50+ on a puny flashlight

balazer

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of the bezel, the bezel front opening diameter, and the lens diameter?

I'm thinking about putting a Cree XR-E and an optic in this, and I wonder what size optic to get. (and what kind to get! Acrylic sphere or hemisphere?)

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by KevlarSix: By the way, Does anyone here know the output of the Ultrafire AAA when using the 3.6v rechargables? Would it be around 50 Lumens?
I would guess much less. I just tried it on Li-ion 10440 battery. It is definitely brighter than on NiMH, but less than the LOD-CE on high with NiMH. It is also visually brighter than the LOD-CE on medium, which is supposed to have a 20 lumen rating. The LOD-CE is rated for 50 lumens on high, so I would guestimate that the 602c on 10440 would be around 30-35 lumens.

Latest posts