Ultrafire 2x 18650 K2 light.

x2x3x2

Banned
Anyone checked this little toy out?
U can buy it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrafire-K2-50...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320069966998

5c4a_1_b.JPG

This is another light i liked, a 4x R/CR123A.
It looks like a stretched out Huntlight FT-01. If anyone has this model could u tell me if 18650 can fit in the battery tube?
U can buy it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320069876063&rd=1&rd=1

9c47_1_b.JPG

Last edited:

HiltiHome

Enlightened
I own myself the non stretched version with 3,7v LA.
It came with 17670 Ultrafire cell, that fits exactly.
!8650 cells do not fit, but the tube can be bored out, everything unscrews easily.

Machining is good, but mine failed the second time with the switch stuck.
The switch is only rated 0,75A, while the lamp throws 2,25 from the battery.

robm

Enlightened
> Ultrafire 2x 18650 K2 light.

I have one on order - will post a mini-review once it arrives (if I remember) :)

x2x3x2

Banned
cool, when did u order it rob?
looking forward to ur review! might be a good cheaper alternative to the DX1 :)

robm

Enlightened
Just had confirmation that it has been shipped today - so should be a week or so to get here.
There is also a Ultrafire R500 to play with ;)

Last edited:

robm

Enlightened
OK - K2 500 has arrived, and I have had a quick play, and once the spots in my eyes disappear I will be fine (*must remember not to stare directly at light OR point at mirror*).

Well it certainly isn't a 500 lumen light, but I think the name is just because it shares the style/body with the Ultrafire R500/WF-500. The K2 is labelled as WF-500L and K2 Power 120 Lumens.

I think the output is somewhere between Primary and High on the P1D-CE - closer to high so maybe 100 lumens? Hard to tell though as the tint is a lot whiter.

The reflector is stippled - similar to the Ultrafire WF500 Xenon, but slightly lighter - it also has a flat 'base' to the reflector, around the LED, which I have not seen before.

Even though the reflector is stippled (and so has a very smooth artifact free beam) the hotspot intensity (and so throw) is far greater than the P1D-CE, and very similar to the MagLED 2D (stock smooth reflector) on tight spot.

Switch is tail twisty with momentary on.

So initial impressions are very impressed - the only issue I have noticed so far is that the batteries appear to rattle slightly - any tips for this?

Finally, if I find anything out in further 'testing' and get a chance to do some useful internal/white wall and external beamshots I will post again.

p.s. I also received the Ultrafire WF500 Xenon - and that puts out some serious light, and has a very smooth beam - but this is the LED section ;)

Rob

whc

Enlightened
Sounds good, ordered one of the k2 version last week, the seller confirmed that the flashlight has been send today, so in the end of the weekend i will most likely have me one :).

Do you have some pictures, some throw comparison outside?

robm

Enlightened
whc said:
Do you have some pictures, some throw comparison outside?

I will have to consult with my photography secretary (I don't do cameras).
However I have already had:

...when will you use them?
& ...and what is this one for?

;)

Braka

Newly Enlightened
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have one of the top ones. It hasn't worked since the day it arrived, except for about 3 seconds of weak light I was able to squeeze out of it after recharging the batteries. Seeing as how I bought a bunch of other Surefire batteries at the same time, and about 1 in 5 of them was a dud, it's not impossible that it's the batteries, given that brand's apparent hit-and-miss quality control, but I think it would have to be BOTH of them, because in a 2xcr123 torch, even if one is ok, the lamp will still produce some light from the good one.

The bottom one looks a lot like the 3xcr123 14V that Fifth Unit (or whatever they're called now) sell. I have one of these and it didn't bowl me over. It's a bit less bright then the 'hemse', which is tiny and costs less. But appaearances may ne deceptive and it may have nothing to do with that light.

Braka

Bogus

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

Got this light a month ago and been having some fun.

Here is is compared to my G&P Scorpion R500:

Here it is without the battery tube extension:

The electronics on the light only pushes out 800mA to the K2 which is why it's not fantastically bright.

So how to mod it? I removed the circuit and just DD'ed the K2 with a single Li-Ion 18650. To do this I went to my local machine shop and came home with this:

Here're the parts:

And here's the finished light - I call it my Ultrafire Ultrashorty K2:

Cheers,

Bogus.

x2x3x2

Banned
Now that's one pretty cool looking stubby light!

How much did it cost to machine that part? I wish there were such shops where i live :p

Bogus

Newly Enlightened
The cost was about USD25.00. It's just a small one man shop and I've got him to do quite a few things for me - boring out bodies for 18650's, new tail switches, the heatsink for my Quadlux Mag.

I've since modded the light again with a Cree P4 and 0.25Ohm resistor. There's no dark ring at all but it's very floody. I then put in an aspherical lens and it still a bit of spill but the throw is amazing!

Braka

Newly Enlightened
The regular xenon one. Incidentally it has a 7.2 volt bulb, and two 3.7v batteries. If you have one that works, I'd definitely be waiting a good hour or so after charging it.

Braka