Upcoming ARC-AA - 1st Run Allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I'll take two, por favor.

Hear me now and know my rightness later. This light will sell better than expected. It will sell like ice cream on a hot Tucson day. If it gets half the marketing that the AAA does it will sell just fine. As much as I like my AAA, it isn't the light I'd take with me on a camping trip as a primary light because it uses batteries that nothing else does. I like to standardize on my batteries for outdoor use. AAs are everywhere - GPS, headlamp, radios. If I could get Arc quality in a AA platform it'd be nirvana.

The tribal council has spoken...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. I use AA's for everything. I think the Arc AA will do well. I also prefer the feel of a larger light than the AAA in my hand, even regardless of runtime.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Hi all, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif So...FWIW, with nothing better to do here this morning (hey it rained and I can't cut the lawn yet, hehe...) I perused this thread again and totaled up, albeit, within certain constraints such as:

1. Did not double check each and every posting (and/or the other related thread(s)) for doubling up of buyers stated purchase anticipations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

2. Craig indicated he wanted a light and subsequently someone said they would get two and have one sent to Craig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif so I counted it as one and not two.

3. Did not consider the potential purchases that folks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif "hinted" that they would consider making, IF the AA was available in other colors than white and/or premium LED configurations.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif While Peter has alluded to some changes in the final configuration versus the original presented in his original thread for this current offering of AA's, thinking back through the various comments that Peter has made regarding the AA, I am not expecting to see any with colored and/or premium LED's (but like others here, would definitely consider purchase of same if they were offered).

4. Not speculating on folks getting more than they originally stated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It will likely happen in a few instances, but law of averages would seem to have this balanced out by #5 below /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

5. And of course presuming that nobody /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif backs out) it looks like there may be something like:

~128 comittments, plus a potential of

0 to ~22 "maybes"
which comes to "about"

~128 to ~150 ARC AA's that are spoken for at the moment, IF ...if everyone gets at least the full quantity that they said they "might".

What follows is pure speculation here on my part and I am not trying to put words in anybody's mouth here, my guess is that the total AA run will be in the range of perhaps ~300 to ~500 so we may have about ~30% to ~50% of this custom offering spoken for.

So Peter, when you're ready with the AA run, (yes, we realize you have your priorities and "first things must come first") your loyal ARC followers are ready & waiting for the heretofore unavailable genuine ARC AA's to be transformed into /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif "100% pure OBTANIUM".

Have a great weekend.
Lighthouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened
For Peter to add the custom engraving you mention would add to the cost of the lights, in previous threads, he's indicated that it can be a bit of a headache to keep track of the custom engraving.

While I would love to see such a custom engraving (CPF special run and/or serial numbered i.e. #17 of 300) on the AA's, it is rather unlikely and I don't expect to see much more than the ARC name and possibly product name on these, which IIRC is about all that he originally indicated in his first discussions of this latest run.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.