• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
We will have these available before Christmas guys.

Thanks for your patience.

Working on more great lights for the future every day here.

Have a great weekend everyone!

scout24

Flashaholic
Moddo- Thanks for the update. We know you folks are busy working your magic, we're just a bunch of impatient Flashaholics... :) Keep up the good work! :wave:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Update

We expected BOSS to be popular and planned for several times more than normal supply. Actual BOSS demand exceeded even our optimistic plans and supplies several times over even that. Seeing this early, we quickly increased production. But even the fastest adjustments in the beginning of a multi month process still takes several months to appear.

Here's a rough BOSS release scehedule to show you where we are at/headed:

batch ONE - complete
35% of original 7075 parts shipped out November as Patina 35, 70, and combo

batch TWO - in late production
20% of original 7075 parts are shipping out in December as Patina 35 (more soon)

batch THREE - in mid production
45% of original 7075 parts are shipping out in January, with a black coating, in 35, 70, and combo (same ratios as batch one)

batch FOUR+ - in early production
New parts being cut now, ready as soon as February. More metals, more finishes, and more 70+combo quantities. This same supply is so large it will also feed batches five and six.

As may be apparent, we are boosting production quantities with roughly monthly releases. As supplies and infrastructure improves and schedules even out, we will be working toward shorter 4, then 3 week, then 2 week schedules. Improving availability and reducing wait time between releases.

Last edited:

redryder

Enlightened
SO no 70 in batch Two?

Can you tell us what metal/finishes are coming? So that I can plan what to get.

Update

We expected BOSS to be popular and planned for several times more than normal supply. Actual BOSS demand exceeded even our optimistic plans and supplies several times over even that. Seeing this early, we quickly increased production. But even the fastest adjustments in the beginning of a multi month process still takes several months before it appears.

Here's a rough BOSS release scehedule to show you where we are at/headed:

batch ONE - complete
35% of original 7075 parts shipped out November as Patina 35, 70, and combo

batch TWO - in late production
20% of original 7075 parts are shipping out in December as Patina 35 (more soon)

batch THREE - in mid production
45% of original 7075 parts are shipping out in January, with a black coating, in 35, 70, and combo (same ratios as batch one)

batch FOUR+ - in early production
New parts being cut now, ready as soon as February. More metals, more finishes, and more 70+combo quantities. This same supply is so large it will also feed batches five and six.

As may be apparent, we are boosting production quantities with roughly monthly releases. As supplies and infrastructure improves and schedules even out, we will be working toward shorter 4, then 3 week, then 2 week schedules. Improving availability and reducing wait time between releases.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a side note: is still love to hear about who is happy with either amber or red in their choice.

I prefer the Amber to the red. I have both (not in the Boss but the WASP). The Amber is brighter and I personally find it more useful for my tasks.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
SO no 70 in batch Two?

Correct, none or nearly none. Batch TWO is essentially the rest of batch ONE, and most 70's were put up earlier. Batch THREE will look more like batch ONE. Batch FOUR and after will have better 70 supplies.

Can you tell us what metal/finishes are coming? So that I can plan what to get.

The plan is to get a near continuous 7075 supply (itself across several finishes), interspersed with other metals with their own finishes. Everything in both sizes. The first of those other metals will be those with warm colors. Here's the first part of the first light in a warm metal, right off the machine:

bossMake4.jpg

Last edited:

Robe

Enlightened
Oh rats. So no combos count for patina finish and Nichia leds? ;(

Guess I am waiting until batch 4 as the 70 won't be sold alone if I buy the 35 first.

redryder

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the picture. Is that copper?

Correct, none or nearly none. Batch TWO is essentially the rest of batch ONE, and most 70's were put up earlier. Batch THREE will look more like batch ONE. Batch FOUR and after will have better 70 supplies.

The plan is to get a near continuous 7075 supply (itself across several finishes), interspersed with other metals with their own finishes. Everything in both sizes. The first of those other metals will be those with warm colors. Here's the first part of the first light in a warm metal, right off the machine:

bossMake4.jpg

Latest posts