Vector 3mcp

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I am talking of the dual bulbs. This is just in reality a 1.5mcp lamp right? I mean both the bulbs put out 1.5mcp right? Am I wrong thinking that in this case you don't add 1.5 & 1.5 and get 3. All you get is broader 1.5mcp beam, right? Please correct me if I am wrong...

Dukester

richpalm

Banned
Don't know about that but it has two 100W H3's. It puts out a tremendous amount of light, even though with the reflector shape it is not a "clean" beam. This light is the last step before HID's and you can't beat it for the $$. Wow factor is way cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most manufactures consider 3 million as output from the bulb (or bulbs) and not "spot intensity". Thus, you have the Coleman "spot" (basically a big flood) being advertised as a "2 million" candlepower spot, when in fact it has less intensity than even a 3D maglite.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
richpalm said:
Don't know about that but it has two 100W H3's. It puts out a tremendous amount of light, even though with the reflector shape it is not a "clean" beam. This light is the last step before HID's and you can't beat it for the $$. Wow factor is way cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the run time is? I went to Vector Manufacturing Website and the run time was not listed. I am guessing the standard 20 minutes?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
check out Kenshiro's page of spotlights, select spotlights from the left side of the page and then go to the comparison tests and check out photos of the top spotlights including the Vector 3 mil cp at $44. The test show images from various distances.
http://webpages.charter.net/kenshiro/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the try. Appearently the only Link that is up and running is the SuperLight Link. The SpotLight Link in nonfunctional...

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
I was in Target last night and I pick up a Vector 3mp just to look at it. I was very surprised at how heavy the light was. I would have to need a bright light awful bad to carry around something that heavy.

James

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rlhess said:
Yes, but the 3Mcp is covered in the superlights

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I went back to the site and stumbled across it. I tell you what, for $44 it really lights up the night...

You wouldn't happen to know the run time on this lamp, would you? I went to Vector Manufacturing and it does state anything about run time.

Thanks,
Dukester

P.S. I guess tomorrow I will have to make a trip out to Target!

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rlhess said:
Yes, but the 3Mcp is covered in the superlights

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I went back to the site and stumbled across it. I tell you what, for $44 it really lights up the night...

You wouldn't happen to know the run time on this lamp, would you? I went to Vector Manufacturing and it doesn't mention anything about run time.

Thanks,
Dukester

P.S. I guess tomorrow I will have to make a trip out to Target!

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
It runs about 20 minutes with both lamps on, and 40 with 1. The little area light runs around 15 hours supposedly.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
when you compare the superlights on that site, it's shocking how much light the Vector pumps out in comparison to the big money spotlights.

phyhsuts

Enlightened
cheesehead - Light output is NOT measured in Cd. That unit is the Lumen. A 100W H3 with 50 hours life puts out 1600 lm. No where near "2 millin CP". I am afraid the manufacturers quote figures that they have never measured or even understand, one suspects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
phyhsuts - I agree, lumens is the more modern unit and candlepower, the old English unit of measurement (whose interpretation seems to be either total output from the bulb or peak beam measurement, etc). But, if one candela (formerly candle) is one lumen per steradian, then the meaningful (or meaningless) differences between lumens and candlepower are very little, except when exploited by the manufactures.

Maybe they should advertise 1.6 Million millilumens or 1.6 Billion microlumens.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back from Target. I purchased the Vector 3mcp for $44 plus tax. First impression of this large spotlight was quality built. Looks like it could possibly sustain a fall on a hard surface without it shattering, well you'd probably lose the bulbs but the body is built with that ABS Plastic. The light is heavy and comes with a carry strap. The Spotlight would be definnitly used as a tool, for search/rescue, camping etc...

The big plus is it only takes 10 hours to fully charge the batteries. My Brinkman Q-Beam million cp spotlight takes a full 24 hours to top that battery off. I will be able to test the Vector out tonight instead of tomorrow night like I originally thought.

This vector spotlight is very versitile. I can run one beam, two beams, a utility light for 15 hours and you can also run DC items like cell phone, radio, etc because it has a DC Jack.

I certainly think this was a wise purchase and don't think I will be disappointed!

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NightShift said:
duke, how is the trigger on yours? cuz mine is really hard to activate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you look at your trigger really good? It does have a protective plastic cover that when it is over the trigger it will prevent the lamp from turning on. When you want to use the light you just flip the protective cover up and out of the way to activiate the trigger...

Hope this helps?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DrJ said:
I just bought one at target for $44 tonight too...was charged up enough to run when I got it...trigger seems OK...the thing is a little heavy...but dang it is bright!

I'm glad I bought it...it will really come in handy now and then...I haven't decided how I'm going to handle the charging yet...maybe toss it on charge once a month overnight, so that it will always be charged up and ready to go...how do you guys handle the charging???

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur, the lamp is super bright! I did not take it out on the property because it is raining out but I shot it from the garage out over the drive and it turns night in to day. Even with the one beam it is super bright.

I just threw mine back on the charger again to put another full charge on it over night. The instructions state that 10 hours is all it takes to put a full charge on it. If the spotlight will not be used frequently the instructions state that the lamp should be topped off every 2 or 3 months.

Yep, I am a happy camper with this purchase!!!