Walking light for Mom

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
What do you guys think about the Lumapower LM303 with a couple of AW protected 3.7V RCR123A's? I like the switch off-low-high-off same as the amilite.

Yes, I was going to recommend to you the 301 since it uses AA's and has a dead-simple interface.

Two things to keep in mind:

I have my mother-in-law a fenix L1p and she loves it but finds the clicky difficult to operate. Definitely not one handed--she always has to use two. A twisty might be easier depending on her hand strength (current and future).

How comfortable is the light to hold in the hand? A lot of lights nowadays are optimized for EDC pocket carry and are really not that comfortable in the hand. I find my Nuwai Q3 is that way: about 1-2 cm short of covering all my fingers when gripped. I assume that she'll be carrying this while walking and not keeping it in a pocket all day long. Actually a 2AA or 2cr123 light are a pretty good length for grip.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Ended up going with the Lumapower LM303 and AW's protected RCR123A's and I think a Nano charger(pretty fool proof). Need to research the charger a little and ofcourse find a new light that I like for me at lighthound to complete the purchase:D Thanks for all the great suggestions I looked up every one. I ended up going this route as it is pretty simple off-low-high-off --was going to pick of the Amilite T5 but for over 50% cheaper and able to operate on RCR123A's it looks like a winner.

Thanks All

Daekar

Enlightened
How about the new L2T Rebel:

Fenix L2T v2.0

This is a small two stage clicky - fully regulated - takes 2 aa's - the "low" stage 15 lumens (good for walking) has a quoted runtime of 32 hours (!) on nimh - twist the head for a blast of light ("140 lumens for 2.4 hours") - has textured reflector for smooth beam and large bright spill - small, light and easy to carry, includes lanyard etc. - just $44.11 shipped.

Small - Bright - Runtime : choose two : now you can get all three!:thumbsup:

+1 on this - this is exactly the light I was going to recommend myself, I just didn't have a chance to!