Walt175

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back from the wake. It was nice to see many people giving their condolences to his sister and close friends, and to hear many good stories about Walt.

I met Arty [gumby&pokie999] and Steve, another friend of Walt and Walt's sister. It sounds like Arty and Walt's sister both have plans to come to the next PF. Steve put together a photo montage in a large picture frame [2ft x 3 ft] that had many pictures of Walt at PF9 or PF10. Walt was laid out with a lot of his favorite things around him. He had only two things on top of him, a light right on his chest, which I believe was a Wee, and below that his camo hat.

His sister was happy that there were people representing his ham radio friends, his motorcycle friends and CPF.

Long Live Walt - a great guy.

Patriot

Flashaholic
What a shame. :(

I'm very sorry for you Gumby and Vikki, and all the others who knew and loved him.

You'll be in my prayers tonight.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hearing about such a tragedy really puts things into perspective for me. I will undoubtedly pray for his family this evening. Seeing how everyone here is so respectful of Walt and what he stood for makes me honored to belong to such an amazing group of people. Sometimes i really dont understand why some people are taken from us, but have begun to realize it does happen for a reason. He seemed like a great person, and because of that, i believe that his family will be well taken care of and healthily recover from such a horrible event. Best wishes and prayers. :candle:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Hearing about such a tragedy really puts things into perspective for me. I will undoubtedly pray for his family this evening. Seeing how everyone here is so respectful of Walt and what he stood for makes me honored to belong to such an amazing group of people. Sometimes i really dont understand why some people are taken from us, but have begun to realize it does happen for a reason. He seemed like a great person, and because of that, i believe that his family will be well taken care of and healthily recover from such a horrible event. Best wishes and prayers. :candle:

I agree. Walt's tragedy came on the heels of this 22 year old's bicycle death in Chicago, whose mother, Kim, I know well. It reminds you how precious each day is.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
im sorry that you are in the midst of multiple deaths from people you know Lux, take care of yourself and keep in mind the fact that life is as good as you make it. (but i know you are aware of that)

luxlover

Banned
I was comparing my recollection of Walt's corner of the dining room table from PF10, to what you see below from PF6. Notice that there is one light on the table and one in his hand, the Fenix L0P he won as a raffle prize. Unless someone can correct me, I believe that is all he had in his arsenal at the time.

In two years, Walt's collection blossomed to the point where the corner of the table at which he sitting was packed solid with his lights. Walt was a fixture at "his station" most of the day, during which he demonstrated his lights to curious people with the enthusiasm of a kid. If I wanted to dismantle any of his lights, all I had to do is ask. Most flashlight collectors would refuse this request.

As has been said countless times, from all of us.....REST IN PEACE, Walt!