• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

We will meet again...Love you Dad!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Remember the video I sent you a few years back about the local doctor/preacher from my community. Never ever give up hope no matter how dire the situation seems. She has a strong spirit and an upbeat attitude, that is 99% of the battle! God bless you all.

:)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, I'm so sorry to hear everything that you're going through with your Mom. I'm also grateful that her faith in Christ is so strong and that she's such an amazing example to her family and others. I'll be praying for all of you.

I'm very blessed to still have both of my parents but I'll say, it's not been an easy road for either of them. My dad enlisted in the Navy at 17 and was trained as a Corpsman. Among the places he served was Camp Lejeune NC, during the 50's, with many Marines under his care. For about two years he unknowingly ingested and bathed in contaminated water full of organic compounds such as PCE and TCE. The situation with the water continued on through 1987 before the problem was even acknowledged. Many won't be surprised to hear that Marine officials were repeatedly warned about the situation by private contractors since 1982, yet they semi-successfully swept it under the rug. Partial public disclosure of the affair didn't really occur until the late 90's with full investigatory disclosure occurring in 2008. Congressional action began taking place in 2009-2010. My dad ended up with a lifetime of migraines, digestive tract ulcers as well as bladder, liver and prostate cancer at various times over the past 15 years. He has pushed through all of it, only to suffer with a difficult to diagnose, skin condition called, eosinophilic spongiosis, that had him itching and burning through most of 2019. Mom has been dealing with breast cancer and just finished her last surgery and radiation treatments. At the same time she's also been dealing with basal cell carcinoma, skin cancer. Although it's all been hard, they're still positive through it all and attribute their optimism and hopefulness to their Christian faith. What an inspiration they've been to the family!
[h=2][/h]