Weather Clock Radio in Audi TV advertisement

recDNA

Flashaholic
It's pretty clear that the commercial clock was a prop, but I'm fairly intrigued by this idea of a bedside all-in-one station, especially if it's under $100; a Fire tablet in a stand case with a Bluetooth speaker would be a pretty 21st century setup.. What app did you have in mind for the weather part?

Oh wow... So many to choose from.. I might start with Beweather but there are others less pretty but more reliable.

The trouble with a Frankenstein clock radio is you would lose simple but desirable things like the sleep button.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Interesting wrinkle: The new Amazon Kindle Fire 10 features always-on Alexa, so it's both a tablet and a virtual assistant device. That means if you have it at your bedside, you can just tell Alexa to set an alarm(s) for a given time(s), and then when the alarm goes off you just say "Alexa, stop" and the alarm stops. Aside from what's already on the display, you can then ask her to show stocks, play radio/TV, etc. A touchless bedside all-in-one station..

recDNA

Flashaholic
Interesting wrinkle: The new Amazon Kindle Fire 10 features always-on Alexa, so it's both a tablet and a virtual assistant device. That means if you have it at your bedside, you can just tell Alexa to set an alarm(s) for a given time(s), and then when the alarm goes off you just say "Alexa, stop" and the alarm stops. Aside from what's already on the display, you can then ask her to show stocks, play radio/TV, etc. A touchless bedside all-in-one station..
Or say OK Google to my phone. I wanted an actual alarm clock with weather through wifi.

recDNA

Flashaholic
This is a 10" tablet though, larger than an iPad; what's on the screen is whatever you put there..
Ya not. at all what I want. Too big. Wrong shape. I want a box shape that doesn't fall over not a tablet. Anyway....

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If only someone had come up with a way to make a tablet not fall over :p

ad7SqEs.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
No room for that on my night stand. I like a sleep button. I don't want to to speak to the damn thing when half asleep. Nice job on the stand though. Just not what I'm looking for. I already have 3 ipads and a windows tablet.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Sleep button? I mean physical button I can feel with eyes closed.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Not sure yet; there's volume and cam on/off buttons atop the unit, those could potentially be programmed. It may just want you to touch the screen, so you'd just have to find the device with your hand, no looking for a button..

recDNA

Flashaholic
Not sure yet; there's volume and cam on/off buttons atop the unit, those could potentially be programmed. It may just want you to touch the screen, so you'd just have to find the device with your hand, no looking for a button..
You realize sleep button makes alarm go on again after predetermined duration allowing more sleep.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Right, but it's a computer, there's probably a thousand different options on how you can interact with it to fit your sleep preferences..