What are some nice pens?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I use the fisher X mark/bullet pen. It's small and sleek.

Any other nice ones out there (that aren't real expensive).

Check out the Rotring brand. They are made in Germany. A bit hard to find, but very nice and reasonably priced.

Pelikan model 800 ballpoint.

Cross Pinnacle (If you can find one).

Cross Century II fountain pens.

I once had a gold and silver Hallmark pressurized ball point that I really liked until some cab driver in DC pickpocketed it from me. They aren't too expensive and they look and write good.

do you want fountain pen, rollerball, or ballpoint? they are all quite different.

i think that the best bang for the buck of all pens, meaning nicest writing for least money, is the pilot G2.

most bang for buck in a fountain pen imo is the lamy safari.

hard to beat the fisher for a reliable ballpoint.

I have a pretty nice collection of pens and mechanical pencils. The ones I tend to keep using are those made by Rotring, Lamy, and Pelikan. Quality is awesome with these.

tm3 said:
hard to beat the fisher for a reliable ballpoint.

Any pen that takes a standard Parker or standard Cross ballpoint refill. They're far smoother writing too.

look at Joons of nyc. if you like pens, they are to drool over prices are ~~ but the selection huge and you can always google something you like to find a cheaper price maybe.

I like sterling silver parkers and mont blancs. fountain tip only

guntotin_fool said:
look at Joons of nyc. if you like pens, they are to drool over prices are ~~ but the selection huge and you can always google something you like to find a cheaper price maybe.

As far as Joon's is concerned, avoid their main store. Every time I've been there, I've been ignored or treated like garbage. Their store inside Grand Central Terminal knows how to treat customers properly.

+1 on the Parker refills. Their gel refills are the nicest ballpoints I know. Just get the tube around it that fits your hand best.

And I really like German manufacturers. rotring, Faber-Castell, Lamy and Pelikan are my top brand choices for medium priced writing tools, though they can be hard to find in the USA.

I think the nicest Pen I have is the one i stole from the Wal-Mart cashier after writing a check:whistle:, nice thing of it is that it has a big flower on the pen to i guess keep people from stealing it, Well it didnt work:ohgeez:.

(Just kidding:lolsign:)

I hate to be cheap, but I prefer to write with Pilot G2 Mini .07mm black pens. They are great for EDC because they are small. And if I lose one (People stealing them:mad:) I don't feel bad that I lost an expensive pen. Great buys, $4.50 for a four pack at Walmart!

EDC: Lindauer I picked up in Basel. Writes nicely and fits in my wallet.
Calligraphy: Osmiroid. Years out-of-production, but still available here and there, usually very inexpensive.
Calligraphy - medium-tip italic only: Modified Namiki Vanishing Point.