What did you use your flashlight for today?

Richub

Enlightened
Used my TK15 to check the corners and dark places in my house for dead mice... I put some mouse poison around to kill those annoying critters who found their way in my home. :(
Didn't find any. (yet)

iron potato

Enlightened
One of the two storey, terraced house nearby was on fire, I was awaken by the siren from fire engine.

Without any delay, I grabbed my Apex 5T6 NW & walk to the area, hoping to provide any aid that needs flood of lights (it was around 2AM in the morning/ midnight)

Two fire engines were there & some fire fighters were rushing in with hoses thru an alley to cover the back of the house, while another team with articulating booms cover front part & roof area.

After I saw some fire-fighters equipped with small 2AA & single 18650 thrower light, without any delay, I switched on High to provide an area lighting.

I heard on of them were yelling "oi ! come closer & provide light on second floor window & roof !" (in Hokkien dialect) "OK ! Coming" I stand further in.

Fire were blazing out from the roof, some fire fighters charged thru the backdoor & continue to fight the fire from below. It was a fiercesome one.

Just when I shone back & forth at the alley for them to sort out & connecting additional hoses, I heard them yelling again "oi ! light ! shine shine!" quickly I reacted.

After around an hour plus, fire were under control, thick smoke were around the area, luckily a tad of wind blew it away, while continue I stand there.

At one time, I heard some were talking about flashlight behind me, "eh, u switch off your flashlight, (clicked off) u see, his flashlight provide a whole bunch of lights"

Then he walk by & take a peek on my flashlight "Looks like 5 leds, 5 leds right ?" he asked, "Yes, it was 5 leds" I answered politely.

"You have been provide area lightning since we started to fight this fire, your flashlight is really good!" I think he means runtime.

"okay okay, done done, pack up pack up over" captain were talking thru talkies, continue I shone at the alley for them to pack up, roll back the hoses, water splitter connector etc.

Two of them tap my shoulder, one of them said "hey buddy, thanks ya, good flashlight u have there, to have area lights really help in this alley, in this time"

So glad that I can provide a little help, but compared with those brave souls, they're really the unnamed heroes, which come to my respect.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Had the driver's side low and high beam go out on my work truck tonight, 700 cu ft walk-in Freightliner. I was on a dark road with no street lights. The moon was just a tiny crescent. Felt that I could use a little more firepower, so I thought I'd try out my JetBeam PA-10 (with IMR 14500) outside the window to make up for the one headlight. I think this light was brighter than the passenger side light! Drove that way for 1-2 miles, and then with adequate street lighting, I turned it off. That's a first for me...

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is he going to upgrade to a fenix now?
Well, I just won that bet. (Of course) :naughty:

We waited until it got dark, and then he pulled out his Maglite (with Cree LED), turned it on and said: Beat that!
I pulled out my TK35, which made him grin at the size of it, turned it on on High, and the grinning stopped and his jaw dropped. Bet already won by me then, LOL.

Then I asked him to turn his light to max since mine wasn't on max yet. He just glared at me, saying: "You got to be effing joking..?"
At that point I switched to turbo, and his jaw just hit the floor.

He was a fair loser, and immediately handed me the 20 euros. I took the money, sniffed at it, and said it smelled like pizza.
He got the message, laughed out loud, and ordered 2 king size pizza's. These pizza's tasted darn good with a couple of beers. :)

He still couldn't believe the brightness of that TK35, and spent some time at his netbook browsing for information about the latest LED flashlights. I think we got a new flashaholic now. ;)

acura tech

Newly Enlightened
Found a oil leak coming out the axle seal
uqu7u7uh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crawdad62

Newly Enlightened
Used my new Etac D25C Ti clicky that I just got today to do what I do pretty much everyday with one flashlight or another... Used it to find the light switch in the barn so I could button it up for the night.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really great story. I enjoyed it.
One of the two storey, terraced house nearby was on fire, I was awaken by the siren from fire engine.

Without any delay, I grabbed my Apex 5T6 NW & walk to the area, hoping to provide any aid that needs flood of lights (it was around 2AM in the morning/ midnight)

Two fire engines were there & some fire fighters were rushing in with hoses thru an alley to cover the back of the house, while another team with articulating booms cover front part & roof area.

After I saw some fire-fighters equipped with small 2AA & single 18650 thrower light, without any delay, I switched on High to provide an area lighting.

I heard on of them were yelling "oi ! come closer & provide light on second floor window & roof !" (in Hokkien dialect) "OK ! Coming" I stand further in.

Fire were blazing out from the roof, some fire fighters charged thru the backdoor & continue to fight the fire from below. It was a fiercesome one.

Just when I shone back & forth at the alley for them to sort out & connecting additional hoses, I heard them yelling again "oi ! light ! shine shine!" quickly I reacted.

After around an hour plus, fire were under control, thick smoke were around the area, luckily a tad of wind blew it away, while continue I stand there.

At one time, I heard some were talking about flashlight behind me, "eh, u switch off your flashlight, (clicked off) u see, his flashlight provide a whole bunch of lights"

Then he walk by & take a peek on my flashlight "Looks like 5 leds, 5 leds right ?" he asked, "Yes, it was 5 leds" I answered politely.

"You have been provide area lightning since we started to fight this fire, your flashlight is really good!" I think he means runtime.

"okay okay, done done, pack up pack up over" captain were talking thru talkies, continue I shone at the alley for them to pack up, roll back the hoses, water splitter connector etc.

Two of them tap my shoulder, one of them said "hey buddy, thanks ya, good flashlight u have there, to have area lights really help in this alley, in this time"

So glad that I can provide a little help, but compared with those brave souls, they're really the unnamed heroes, which come to my respect.

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Installed a new ceiling fan in the living room last night. Waited until it got dark so I could use my Haiku and QP2A Pro. Bounced them off the ceiling either side of the fan. I was really bored last night.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was over at my parents for supper, dad was bbqing in the dark, flames were shooting up and i pulled out my trusty warm mule, lit up the whole grill, with perfect color rendition we were able to tell when the meat was ready.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
I scared off a fat raccoon sniffing around the backyard lawn table. This thing was morbidly obese or pregnant, it waddled away like a fat kid served vegetables.

strat81

Newly Enlightened
Used it to search for a tiny spring and detent that launched themselves out of the trigger assembly of my Redhawk.

Illum

Flashaholic
Used a 9P to illuminate a spider 1AM this morning as I proceed to throw bits of vegetation on to its web and observe how to can pull it off, toss it away, and mend its web.
gotta love 17500s ;) I need to find a beam shaper for the 9P though :(

Latest posts