What did you use your flashlight for today?

Just used the trusty pd32 again while pulling apart a pellet stove with a squealing auger. Sliced the side of my finger good on that thin sheet metal.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Craftsman 2AA model (re-badged Dorcy) with fish-eye optic to sneak into the Living room and put presents as well as Christmas cards under the tree. :santa:

mgscheue

Newly Enlightened
Not me but my wife. She's a nurse in a facility for criminals who have been found legally insane. The power went out and it took about five minutes for the backup generators to come on. Apparently there are some emergency lights but they aren't everywhere and were none in the room where she and some patients were. Fortunately she had the E01 I had given her with her and used it to get to the hospital's supply of (cheap) flashlights, which she handed out to the staff.

It actually was lucky she had the E01 since she keeps it on her home keys keychain, which she normally doesn't carry with her at work. I'm getting her another E01 to put on her work keychain.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not me but my wife. She's a nurse in a facility for criminals who have been found legally insane. The power went out and it took about five minutes for the backup generators to come on. Apparently there are some emergency lights but they aren't everywhere and were none in the room where she and some patients were. Fortunately she had the E01 I had given her with her and used it to get to the hospital's supply of (cheap) flashlights, which she handed out to the staff.

It actually was lucky she had the E01 since she keeps it on her home keys keychain, which she normally doesn't carry with her at work. I'm getting her another E01 to put on her work keychain.

A good idea. Perhaps a more powerful light as well that she can keep in a locked drawer in case this happens again. I've seen some cheap 2D incandescent lights that literally put out as much light as my E01 does.

Xacto

Enlightened
Not me but my wife. She's a nurse in a facility for criminals who have been found legally insane. The power went out and it took about five minutes for the backup generators to come on.

I would suggest a Fenix PD22 (small enought that it can easily be carried in a pocket, Low level for navigating, high for looking down long hallways)
Btw.... a facility with insane criminals and suddenly the lights go out.... certainly the last location where the backup generator should take 5min.

Cheers
Thorsten

mgscheue

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest a Fenix PD22 (small enought that it can easily be carried in a pocket, Low level for navigating, high for looking down long hallways)
Btw.... a facility with insane criminals and suddenly the lights go out.... certainly the last location where the backup generator should take 5min.

Cheers
Thorsten

Thanks, Thorsten. That does sound like a very good idea. Yes, I wasn't very pleased when she described the situation to me. It's a very old facility but that's just plain dangerous.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
. . . Yes, I wasn't very pleased when she described the situation to me. It's a very old facility but that's just plain dangerous.

If it's a very old facility, then the doors aren't on an electronic lock that will cause them to unlock as soon as the power goes out. There are supposed to be safe-guards in place in case a blackout happens at a newer facility. (Key words supposed to be.)

klmmicro

Newly Enlightened
Used one of the many TechLite's around me to focus my camera for a couple of night shots. Bright enough to allow auto focus to find itself before switching to manual focus for the shots.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Kenji Quad Nichia 219 in a C2 host to light my way during a visit from the US to one of the many dark neighborhoods in Beijing, China.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2n7falt.jpg

My friends where believers afterwards...

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishango

Enlightened
I used my Eagletac D25C and 4Sevens Quark 123^2 light this christmas. A hot water pipe for the kitchen faucet burst and leaked on the kitchen plinth heater, which also caused a short circuit to occur, tripping the main breaker. It was still light outside, but to reach the main water valve and also check out the burst pipe we needed my lights.

Luckily we could easily unplug the plinth heater and the burst pipe had a separate valve to turn it off. This way we could turn the water and electricity back on and celebrate Christmas (without hot water in the kitchen).

Richub

Enlightened
On Christmas Eve I heard a lot of chattering outside which grew louder over time.
It turned out to be a group of people looking around to find the keys one of them lost in a field nearby. Nobody had a flashlight on him/her, only one guy had a little LED on his cellphone putting out around 5 lumen or so.

I grabbed my TK35 and helped searching. It took me literally 3 seconds to fire that TK35 up on turbo, sweep the field with it and notice the reflection on the keys halfway across that field. :thumbsup:
Mission accomplished, and I heard a lot of jaws hitting the ground over the power of my trusty TK35. :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went hiking a couple days ago in an unused train tunnel to play with my new TK75. It was almost like the sun was shining in that tunnel, probably a lot brighter than it would be during the day with no flashlight. It was helpful to see the icicles hanging from the roof to make sure we didn't stand underneath them for very long; they were super long and possibly dangerous!

Gemlab

Banned
Used my Nitecore tm-11 in Barton cave in Belize, worked great, I wish I had a diffusser with me.
also took with me a ZL sc600, klarus xt11.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Craftsman 2AA light (re-badge Dorcy model) w/ fish-eye optic to tip-toe into the living room late at night and leave a note on the home phone so that a family member wouldn't use it to call someone I asked them to call, in the morning. (The situation resolved itself.) The tight beam-profile was perfect for seeing what I needed to, without waking up others staying with me for the Holiday season.

Last edited:
Used my pd32 to install some 7 watt leds into my lawntractor headlights. They are so blue it makes the pd32 look like an incan orange lol.