What did you use your flashlight for today?

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Past couple of days here in this little Massachusetts township that borders with CT. ...Its been Marijuana party nights around my street! All you had to do was get out of your car, and get a small buzz...There was that much smoke around! Like people were burning bales! Personally, I don't really care if people self medicate...As long as there Not bothering anyone else...Unfortunately, like alcohol -(night time public boozing on dark streets)-it brings out the young hoodlums who are just getting gassed-up so they can entertain themselves with criminal misconduct/Mischief/fights(assaults).

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to indulge in the devil's lettuce when I was a kid.

The only thing I'd be fighting was the seal on a bag of doritos :p

Last edited:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Yup! Lived up in Bangor,ME when I was younger...A long time ago...That's all the kids would do up there...Drink/Smoke/Trundle Bed parties...don't ask...Anyhow, my township has a definite drug, and crime problem...Unfortunately, that creates overzealous Law Enforcement on occasion...Saps away from freedom...Imagine getting stopped by Local PD for using/carrying a flashlight! Because P/O believed people at night with flashlights are suspicious!? (A lawful tool !) But, wouldn't stop and harass a group of teens smoking blunts, and wandering around under the cover of darkness...Up to who knows what...Kind of why the town Domino's delivery guys got robbed twice!!! Misplaced priorities!!!!

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol i know the feeling.

I live in one of the top 10 most dangerous neighborhoods in the United States.
A few years ago we were number 1 yaahhhh!
The corner of North Ave, and Belair Rd, Baltimore City MD.

I've been stopped for having a flashlight many times. Completely searched, questioned, even cuffed because I met a description. That's their favorite thing to tell you.

I just say I collect, and build flashlights, and they usually shut up.
One night I had a tk75vnkt and tk61vn out for me and my girlfriend.
They stopped us and said they got a report of a white female, and Hispanic (I'm 1/2 Asian) breaking into houses on that block.......... Oh and they had flashlights. What a joke. We were walking to the 7/11 for God's sake.

I then shined the light into the trees and told him to get his light out.
He told me to get the '____' out of his sight. I guess he was mad he didn't get us on anything.

I've been told by cops, "I stopped you because you don't look like you belong in this neighborhood" just because I'm not black.
Crazy stuff man.

SparkLite

Newly Enlightened
Used my Ti Preon P2 to confirm the earth switch was indeed closed on some 33kV ABB switchgear...

and my D40A on high (tail standing) in the middle of the substation to provide illumination while we switched feeds from one supply to another... :thumbsup:

Made the engineers ooh and ahh for a minute before they quickly evacuated after seeing me don my arc-flash spacesuit... :devil:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha. I did walk into my house with a fully loaded bandoleer, and my pistol grip shotgun in a "quick draw" case (you can blatantly see the pistol grip lol)

Sometimes you have to remind your neighborhood how stupid it would be to try anything to my family, or my property.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Sometimes you have to remind your neighborhood how stupid it would be to try anything to my family, or my property.

I get a similar effect just walking my 6'6" 300# body out to get the mail. ;) There's gotta be easier targets out there ;)

Ken

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Lol i know the feeling.

I live in one of the top 10 most dangerous neighborhoods in the United States.
A few years ago we were number 1 yaahhhh!
The corner of North Ave, and Belair Rd, Baltimore City MD.

I've been stopped for having a flashlight many times. Completely searched, questioned, even cuffed because I met a description. That's their favorite thing to tell you.

I just say I collect, and build flashlights, and they usually shut up.
One night I had a tk75vnkt and tk61vn out for me and my girlfriend.
They stopped us and said they got a report of a white female, and Hispanic (I'm 1/2 Asian) breaking into houses on that block.......... Oh and they had flashlights. What a joke. We were walking to the 7/11 for God's sake.

I then shined the light into the trees and told him to get his light out.
He told me to get the '____' out of his sight. I guess he was mad he didn't get us on anything.

I've been told by cops, "I stopped you because you don't look like you belong in this neighborhood" just because I'm not black.
Crazy stuff man.

Man that's not good! It sounds like you live in a DMZ! I know MD. is very notorious for high crime cities,and areas...I mean my area isn't as bad as that...Though the area is starting to flood with illegal aliens Because MA. has" sanctuary cities/towns." You know, "bring in your MS-13 bros...The politicians need your votes! "Your talking about the state of Massachusetts where it requires Local/State Police permission to have a permit ( FID-D card) just to purchase/carry/ and own pepper spray and mace...Tac lights will be next...As well as videocameras/digital cameras...P/O's don't like being monitored....just like us....

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah its so sad that you don't have to look very hard in most states to find the scum.
I need to get my son out of this hood asap.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Yeah its so sad that you don't have to look very hard in most states to find the scum.

I agree 100%! There are NO cities I would want to live in. Period. Get a place out in the country and be done with it ;)

Ken

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened

Agree, anywhere there's a nice city, a crime-filled neighborhood is not far away.

Come out to central / south Jersey. Just not in or close to Camden though, unless you don't like your cars.

cistallus

Enlightened
Room's regular lighting died moments before I had to do some work including a call, no time to get a replacement bulb.

I just put my tailstanding EagleTac SX25L3 on High (second highest level) and it lit up the room fine for an hour and a half. Was hot, but not too hot to hold, when I turned it off. Batteries (three 3400mAh Soshine 18650), that were at probably 4.10-4.15V at start, were at 3.90V.

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
To illuminate the mechanic fixing my motorbike last night. He eventually hide his flashlight upon seeing my lights.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Saturday, 2:46p. Sunny, 81°f pleasant. Need a Flashlight brighter than the sun that can operate in these conditions! Other than that...nothing.....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I use my SF M6LT in the sun, and it is brighter than the suns reflection on the ground. It has an amazing huge hot spot with all of the light in that hotspot. Using 2X18650's.

Bill

Latest posts