What did you use your flashlight for today?

Ishango

Enlightened
I used both my E05 and Clicky two days ago to check for color differences in seat cushions we were buying for our new garden lounge set. The store lights made it look like there were differences in color, so I wanted to be sure before buying.

Used my PD30 yesterday after drilling holes in the wall to hang a TV wall mount on the concrete wall. Three holes were really difficult to drill and the other took only a few seconds and I wanted to check that it would be strong enough to hold the wall mount.

Xacto

Enlightened
I used the bezel of my Thrunite Scorpion the other night to crack the shells on hard-boiled eastereggs. Honestly - the bezel was the best tool available at that moment without getting out of my chair. ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten

blue dog

Newly Enlightened
I used my streamlight microstream while climbing on top of a elevator in the top of the shaft.

redaudi

Newly Enlightened
didn't use a light for anything today. wasn't outside enough while it was dark.

nasc

Newly Enlightened
Used a Mini-Mag to take the trash out last night. Stubbed my toe. Time for a head lamp.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Used my HDS EDC 140 Executive to check for water leak under kitchen sink. Also used my new Sunwayman Ti to check for bats in garage early this morning. None were spotted.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend and I were having lunch in a dark restaurant. He wanted to show me a marking on his shoe, but the floor area was too dark to see so I illuminated his shoe using one of the lights I had carried -- a 1AA Energizer Lithium flashlight.

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
did not really use any of my lights but i did take my mini mag solitaire and wrap a ton of duck tape around it and put it in a first aid kit i have.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I used my Z1x to light up our barn when i had to work on our little sick lamb last night. Worked great, ceiling bouncing against the wood produced enough light to read a book in a 30 foot radius around the light but when i was done 20 or so minutes later i asked my girl to turn the light down and even tho i warned her she still burned her hand! :sssh: I guess 3.6A XM-l i too much power for such a small light :naughty:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my SureFire 6P w/ Malkoff M60W MC-E Warm to check my driver's door for the possibility of a small dent. Thankfully, there was none.

DM51

Flashaholic
A bit more unusual than most: I went shark tagging the other day. We waited till dusk, then put out the lines, then waitied a little while again until dark before checking them. Very first line: a young female Tiger Shark, about 8 feet long. She's now swiiming around somewhere with a radio tag on her.

I can honestly say I was more worried about dropping my HDS Ti Clicky overboard than I was about getting bitten by the shark!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Walked into my bedroom, only to see a cockroach run under my bed. Got down on the floor, but couldn't see the little *******. Grabbed my Dorcy AA 3-LED light. Now I could see him. Pounded on the metal frame of my bed until he came running back towards me. Hit him a few times with my hand. Took a tissue and got him out from under the bed. Flushed him. Definitely could not have found him without that cheap but useful Dorcy model I keep by the phone.

redaudi

Newly Enlightened
reminds me of the earwig problem i had at the last house i lived at.

little b@$t@rd$ were everywhere. every stinkin where.

to the point that when i moved, i found two of them crawling around in my drawer, three days later at my new place. left over from the old place.

side note, i hate earwigs.

yowzer

Enlightened
Gave my new Thrunite Catapult V3 neutral white edition its first real workout tonight on a search and rescue callout in a residental neighborhood, looking for a walkaway. Lit up parks, school playfields, people's back yards, etc. like it was daytime and completely outshone and overpowered every other light being used. Combined. :naughty: lovecpf

Tried a Surefire AZ2 that I just got in the mail that afternoon a bit too, when I didn't want to blind people, but it was mostly a night for the Catapult.

Xacto

Enlightened
Lit up the baby-care room where my wife was changing our sons diapers. The room light went out the moment we switched it on. Used flashlight was a Surefire Z2L with the stock P60L.

Later lit up my bookcabinet on the search for Gabe Suarez's Tactical Advantage. Could find it, still on the hunt.

Cheers
Thorsten

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
i went to get some ice and water from my grandmas fridge and i stepped in a little puddle of water so i got on the ground with my quark 123^2 to see where the leak was from but it turned out only to be a dropped ice cube from earlier in the day.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light used: Fenix TK40.

Had a little fun with a inspector who came in to my apartment looking for bedbugs.(The guy pulled out a 2D Maglight,clicked it on,and was attempting to see under my bed).I yanked out my TK40,clicked it on..and said "You got enough light now?".
The look on his face was priceless. Quite fun showing him up.

Latest posts