What did you use your flashlight for today?

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Getting lots of use out of my Zebra Light H51Fw with the new puppy...

Used the light to take her out again at:

12:00 AM
1:30 AM
3:45 AM
6:00 AM

kimber.jpg

The neutral, floody beam of the H51Fw works wonderfully for these little nighttime/early morning trips. It lights up a wide area when held at shoulder height and definitely helps to avoid "presents" left behind by neighbors that don't clean up after their dogs... :sick2:

Lupercal

Newly Enlightened
Well, I used my... hang on... MX somethingorother to go to the toilet this morning because I couldn't be arsed turning houselights on and off (it's just after the winter solstice here), and I used some other one to find ANOTHER one which fell off my desk down behind the TV. I also pulled out my old Scorpion just to see if it was as bright as I remember from years ago (it was. Helluva good cheap incan. Cost about $20 and still going 5 years on. Not bad for a museum piece.).

Loop

Loop

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Used my SC50w to check the drain pans on a freezer and refrigerator in the basement. They're both about 40 years old and the defrost timers are not reliable, so I must manually turn them to start defrosting every few days. I know I could spend a few bucks for new timers, but what fun would that be?

Geoff

YAK-28

Enlightened
just after lunch today a car/pole accident knocks out the power to fire station #2. back up generator inop. we use the station as a communication hub for phone, data and traffic signal. we show up with a temporary generator to power up the communication equipment before the small ups go down. can't see a thing in the basement as we pulled in a few extension cords in to get things going. glad to have my e2dl and my d mini vx ultra to keep thing from getting painful. as i left for work this morning, i thought i should bring my tk15 or tk35, but no it's going to be a bright sunny day...

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Dazzled a patient in the ER with my JetBeam Pro 1 V3. Was winding up for a punch and lord knows what else but stopped to cover his eyes and de-escalated immediately. 3rd time this light has saved my from combat with a patient. I love that little light.

Samy

Enlightened
1) Used my Klarus ST20 on low to find my way to the toilet at 2am
2) Used my Klarus ST20 on high to find out what was banging around the front door at 2:04am. It turned out to be a Bandicoot eating pizza. We get them all the time:

Shortnosedbandicoot.jpg

3) Used my Fenix TK41 to find out what was making all the noise behind the house. It was a couple of male roos having a boxing match in the back paddock. Here's my backyard on most days:

roos1.jpg

cheers

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Used my Klarus ST20 on low to find my way to the toilet at 2am
2) Used my Klarus ST20 on high to find out what was banging around the front door at 2:04am. It turned out to be a Bandicoot eating pizza. We get them all the time:

Shortnosedbandicoot.jpg

3) Used my Fenix TK41 to find out what was making all the noise behind the house. It was a couple of male roos having a boxing match in the back paddock. Here's my backyard on most days:

roos1.jpg

cheers

That is awesome (especially the backyard).

Samy

Enlightened
Oops i forgot:

4) Earlier before i went to bed, about 10pm, i made a cup'o'tea but i was too lazy to walk 6 feet to the light switch so i pulled the Klarus from my pocket, set it on the kitchen table on a medium mode to light up the kitchen. Probably cheaper than burning the AC light bulb anyway ;) Plenty of light with the flashlight!
5) When i was making my cup o tea i heard some noise on the back deck. I used the Klarus ST20 on high and it was just a possum on the back deck in the bird feeder eating the sunflower seeds. I havn't got a pic of the possum but you get the idea with a daytime pic:

birds001.jpg

6) While there i heard some scratching around and realised it was coming from one of the nestboxes i placed in the trees in the backyard. The Klarus didn't have the throw needed so i went in and grabbed the the TK41 and BOOM instant light onto the nestbox and a little Rosella Parrot stuck his head out as if to say "bugger off we're sleeping here!" Another daytime pic to get the idea:

birds003.jpg

I bought the TK41 because a few months back i had a pack of wild dogs hanging around at night. Since the TK 41 came along the dogs havn't been back and finding out what all those night time noises in the backyard are is quite entertaining.

cheers

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures! I hope to one day move to a more rural area to be able to experience things like that at night. Today the only thing I got to do with my lights was shine them around the house for fun as I was getting ready for bed. Hopefully there will be a few more fun adventures this weekend though!

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 2:38 AM I got to use the red LED option on my Gander Mtn tactical light to search for my son's teething medicine, so I wouldn't ruin my night vision and would be able to administer the medicine without turning on any light in his room, which would wake him up further.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my most masculine moment of flashaholism to date, I was with my mum and my son at a wool mill here in town, and the fluorescent lighting was so bad we she couldn't tell navy blue and black apart.

Out came my freshly High-CRI modded Ti Quark AA, and BLAM! It was black!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a runtime test with AW's R123a black tops on my Haiku XP-G. Got around 42 minutes until the batts shuts down on high. Not bad at all.

Larbo

Enlightened
Went exploring the twin 1100 foot long Manunka Chunk Tunnels, was very foggy in side and had to keep headlamps and torches on a low power setting, also was a nice 60 degrees inside.

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, love the "Zombies" sign painted there - perfect! You should post that pic in one of the zombie threads running atm. :)

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok that's just damn spooky. Only way I would go into that thing would be with a surefire beast in one hand and 44 mag in the other:D

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
ebow86 said:
Ok that's just damn spooky. Only way I would go into that thing would be with a surefire beast in one hand and 44 mag in the other:D

Put the surefire on a shotgun.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
My family did a "make it or break it" marathon so I cleaned and lubes all my lights. How sad is that?

Larbo

Enlightened
I did have one of my HID lights with me but never turned it on, most of the tunnel was way too foggy, even a quark on high was too much at times. :huh:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sounds like a GREAT place for a CPF get-together ! ! !

At NIGHT ! ! !
lovecpf

Phase 1: use ONLY yer' single-5mm LED flashlight

:whistle:
_

Latest posts