What did you use your flashlight for today?

firelord777

Enlightened
Last night I dreamed I won a Leaterman Wave and a Leatherman 2AA flashlight in some contest. Just looked that up and there actually IS a light like that, the Monarch 500.
The Wave was black anodized and looking way better than the one I own.

Also used my Sunwayman V10R aluminum to check the alarm clock display if dreaming doesn't count.

Wow, I dreamed that the Armytek predators that were supposed to arrive today, (but didn't because DHL lied that I wasn't home, and I spent the whole day home, called them, said they'll deliver tommorow), arrived and I had fun and were super cool looking.

Hope they arrive tomorrow, I have to do a review on them comparing the smooth and OP reflectors.

Ishango

Enlightened
many around here do this even when they haven't got a new light and haven't got a power outage in years :devil:

True. I'm guilty of doing this. Although I often use it for a legitimate reason. My gf and myself live in her not too large apartment. When she goes to bed early and I stay up a bit later, I usually turn the lights of except for a little light to see my keyboard. I then walk around the house using my flashlights on low or medium modes whenever I need to, so my gf's sleep isn't interrupted.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent a week at the cabin, so what we used them for
Spelunking, everyone was glad they had my lights ( Surefire T1A x 2, SPY007, Haiku, and a couple Zebra headlights)
SPY007 on the Gorilla pod for lighthing the cabin a night for playing cards & Illuminating the shower ( not peeping, so the guest could shower with some light),
Reading at night.
Walking the dogs ( I assume I scared all the bears away with the lights, but I think there were none to start with).
Crawling under the cabin to fix the water line...

Richub

Enlightened
Used my TK35 to annoy a friend today. ;)

While he was pouring himself coffee, I flashed my TK35 at him. He looked around where that light was coming from, and put some milk in his coffee. *flash 2*
Again he looked around, saw nothing, and put sugar in his coffee. *flash 3*
Now he quickly turned around to me, suspecting something. I asked him with a grin: "Are you beginning to see The Light?" (he is a minister in a local church) After that, I showed him my TK35.

He laughed out loud, but he showed no further interest in my flashlight.

Napalm

Enlightened
Mhhh speaking of pranks.... my fav is to sneak near someone's cubicle and strobe towards the fluorescent ceiling light. They have a deep alu grid so it's not at all obvious where the light comes from - it appears like it's the fluorescent tubes behind the grid that went nuts. Then watch him how he gets annoyed, looks at the ceiling light several times, trying to decide if he should just turn it off, try to fix it himself or call facilities. :crackup:

nap.

P.S. And since we have a record heat wave here today, I predict some late night watering in the garden at LED light.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Lost power last night so I fired up our Ray-O-Vac Sportsman LED lantern (300+ lumens) inside, and I used my TrustFire SSC P7 to walk around outside and inspect the power transformers and downleads on the pole. That TrustFire really punches through the night air.

Last edited:

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
4 days camping at Silverlake in California with my wife and daughter and our friends and their two girls. Used my Zebralight H501w to light the camp kitchen, illuminate a late night tent assembly and provide area lighting when clipped to rope over-head. Awesome little light, lot of raves from friends and the wife that spoils me by buying my lights. Used my JetBeam Pro 1 to signal with the strobe during daytime. Found a nursery of little trouts and showed the girls the fish using the JB 1 under water to the amazement of the girls. My friend bought a stock 2D Maglite at the suggestion of an out door store. Poor guy, what a joke that Mag Light. After seeing the benefit of the two lights that I have, my buddies wife is pushing him to return the Mag and go in with me on some lights.

Davis

Newly Enlightened
Used my Maglite Mini with the TLE-5EX upgrade that claims 140 lumens on my nightly walk. This thing is almost too bright if there is such a thing. If you aim the light close in total darkness the hotspot is very bright almost to the point of destroying your night vision so I aimed 20+ feet ahead or focused the beam to flood. I have a LightStar 300 on the way and I can't wait to see how bright it is. Should be here tomorrow if the USPS tracking information is correct.

PharmerMike

Newly Enlightened
I heard three transformers explode in my neighborhood minutes apart as power went out. I used my Solarforce L2 and Surefire G2 with Malkoff M60LL to navigate moving generator to patio and running extension cords.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend bought a stock 2D Maglite at the suggestion of an out door store.

But but but but . . . a stock 2D Maglite is just a host that you can turn into a ROP, surely?

I always take one of my 2D Maglites camping - much brighter than everyone else's LED lights and better light quality for the greens/browns of the bush. If I use my 3854-L bulb then I have 2 hours run time at 500 Lumen, for longer running needs I use an LED light at low or medium output. Every week I grab my 2D Mag ROP Low when I put the rubbish out by the curb.

Slightly_bent_halo

Newly Enlightened
Use my Stinger everyday to take my dog for a walk. Hate the battery life but can't beat the power. My wife does real estate closings at night so we keep one in the car so she can see house numbers.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a Streamlight Stylus Pro penlight (48 lumen version) to shed light in a dark hall while an HVAC technician installed a new thermostat in my home.

I told the technician that I like flashlights and he said that he did, too, so I gifted him a Snap-On LED penlight.

Davis

Newly Enlightened
The LightStar 300 came and on my nightly walk I was very impressed with the brightness and "light-up-ability". I've also used it walking around the darkened house, checking out the backyard and looking up at trees.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Walked around our warehouse at work testing out my new Solarforce L2T with single-mode XM-L drop-in. This thing is nice!

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
Took my Q AA2 Tactical into an attic to help me run a cat5 phone line. I really need to get the fenix headband, but any "flashlight money" I have has been going to the lights themselves as my collection gets off the ground.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The air conditioner in my car decided to blow only from the defroster (in July?). After searching the engine compartment with several different flashlights I found a broken plastic vacuum tube. I slipped a piece of black rubber tube over the ends, covered that with dual-wall shrink tubing with adhesive, and presto! I have cool air again!

EASTWOOD

Newly Enlightened
Crudely used my mag as a baseball bat to swat a horsefly that wouldn't leave me alone.