What did you use your flashlight for today?

ven

Flashaholic
Used my convoy m2 warm, (glove box light) to press really hard against the top of my head causing quite a bit of pain(and imprint i may add)as i was upside down pulling my shoulder/neck at the same time .............all for running a cable for a camera from the centre console ,under the glove box, up the passenger window pillar and behind the sun visor .......

I really enjoyed the experience as i type this with my chin:p

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ that's burely!
Sounds about as fun as a cactus pillow.

I went to use a pocket flashlight to read the map in the top of a box of chocolates...but my pockets were empty.
So I gazed forward at a nearby coffee table for one....nope.
I had to walk alllllll the way across the den to find one. That's like walking across the room to turn on the tv because you lost the remote (again).

My stubborn self walked to the other end of the house to retrieve the Alpha when I coulda walked 4 steps to retrieve a blue beam Defiant.

IT'S OFFICIAL...IMA TINT SNOB ⊙▁⊙ Auuugh!!!

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
lol... don't you just hate it when someone puts the cover back on wrong; so the map is upside down and doesn't match the contents?

OR how about all of those half eaten, or dented in chocolates?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I heard a noise in basement that sounded like something scurrying. I investigated with my Zebralight H600w and with the help of my Golden Retriever. Then I caught a flash of white from something that was scurrying away from me. My Golden Retriever jumped back which made me jump too. Some unknown creature was loose in the house and had just scared me and the dog half to death. The creature ran under the basement stairs where we store the window screens that were taken off the house to put up the storm windows. I heard more scurrying then I saw two pink glowing eyes looking at me from beneath the stairs. The dog was of no help, he was positioned behind me and looked like he was about to split at the next movement of this creature. It was then I realized our white Bunny rabbit had escaped her pen and was on the lam. Because there was so much stuff stored under the stairway I couldn't get in there to apprehend the bunny. I had to enlist the help of another to scare the bunny out from the far side of the stairs and snatch the bunny up when she bolted out from under the bottom step. The bunny was still kicking in mid air as I snatched her up and brought her back to her pen. I felt The Bunny's heart pounding ferociously and mine wasn't much better. Anyway the bunny is fine and I gave her some fresh veggies and I had myself a beer. And as for the dog, at least now I know how much help I will get out of him if a real threat in the house. He's like Scooby Doo scared to death. The Zebralight performed well for the task though leaving both hands free to complete my task.

LOL!

ven

Flashaholic
^^ that's burely!
Sounds about as fun as a cactus pillow.

I went to use a pocket flashlight to read the map in the top of a box of chocolates...but my pockets were empty.
So I gazed forward at a nearby coffee table for one....nope.
I had to walk alllllll the way across the den to find one. That's like walking across the room to turn on the tv because you lost the remote (again).

My stubborn self walked to the other end of the house to retrieve the Alpha when I coulda walked 4 steps to retrieve a blue beam Defiant.

IT'S OFFICIAL...IMA TINT SNOB ⊙▁⊙ Auuugh!!!

one thread springs to mind..........
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-You-Just-Know-Your-A-Flashaholic-When/page37

:p

ven

Flashaholic
Used my L2T to navigate downstairs, checking on the animals before ascending the stairs of doom .............for no reason other than being a flashaholic and flicking light switches on is just so yesterday:)

Raven-burg

Newly Enlightened
Used my aluminium Olight S1 to illuminate an area so I could take pictures of my Zebralight SC52. I've put the SC52 up for auction on e-Bay! Great light but just ordered a bead blast titanium S1 so it has to go to help pay for it.
Never really used it, not sure why. Too many lights I guess!
Loving the S1 though.

Last edited:

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
I walked few days ago through our local forest park where is not allowed to entry with motor-vehicles, but some "teens" drove a car right in front of me on the pathway I was walking. It was pitch dark so I was using my TK16 to see around me. When I spotted the car I put TK16 on the highest level (because they were definitely not any law-abiding people - so I wanted to show them I am not going to be any easy target in case of any more bad ideas comes from them), but suddenly they slowed down, pulled over and switch of the engine. I was not shining directly on them, but they must definitely thought that I am a gamekeeper checking the area for poachers or something :D:D Once I passed them, they turn the engine on again and drove away very quickly. But I must say I was scared a little bit too. This encounter was a quite strange.

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
I also walked few days ago the same trail as in my previous story and I was using my NiteCore EA41. At one point I could see very small lights ahead and start to hear some chatting of teens. When I was approaching them I recognized they were using LED's on their smartphones. So I shined them a little bit with EA41 to see how many are there and only I heared from that point was: "What the hell... what is that thing? what is that light?!? Can't see anything god-damnit!" :) I was laughing hard in my head :) They definitely could not see or tell who I am (a cop? hunter? alien?.... :D )

bykfixer

Flashaholic
lol... don't you just hate it when someone puts the cover back on wrong; so the map is upside down and doesn't match the contents?

OR how about all of those half eaten, or dented in chocolates?

That would be me leaving those...fruit filling-yuck

Used my Microstream to find The Police Syncronicity in this mess.

^^ the ones not ripped yet.

I discovered 12 pack size 12oz soda cartons hold about 50 normal compact discs perfectly.

I've yet to rip about 16 cartons full...
Wanted to hear the tune "Miss Gedanko" for some reason.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Quite a collection you have there.
Do you rip them and then toss them? OR do you rip them and then put them in the pile on the right?

That would be me leaving those...fruit filling-yuck

Used my Microstream to find The Police Syncronicity in this mess.

^^ the ones not ripped yet.

I discovered 12 pack size 12oz soda cartons hold about 50 normal compact discs perfectly.

I've yet to rip about 16 cartons full...
Wanted to hear the tune "Miss Gedanko" for some reason.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lol.

I store the rip'd ones under my house along with excess bicycles and some old (still full) soda bottles.
I rip them in folders and then burn those to gold core DVD blanks. There is also a pair of Seagate 500mb back up hard drives that are full. Right now I'm about 60% into filling a 1.5tb mirror'd hard drive.

The house I live in has an addition with a 3' high crawlspace and stays dry and cool.

Sometimes neighbors think we need more bicycles so they donate their used to 'the bykfixer' and I used to collect old soda bottles in the 80's.

I collected cd's throughout the 90's until about 2007.
Instead of taking vacations I'd go on a buying spree and spend the money on music when I was single...many were purchased used for like $5. Now we scour Goodwil stores and get them for like $2.
When my boys were younger we'd actually go on road trips to record stores in places a day away..stuff like that.

^^ Korean War era Dr. Pepper and 1967 kickapoo

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What is Kickapoo Joy Juice? I've never heard of it.
The original energy drink.
It was a Mt. Dew like soft drink that fell out of favor in America after Mt. Dew was readily available in 67.
Apparently they began selling it overseas where it's still popular in places like Malaysia.
I've seen it in country stores from time to time, but Mt. Dew tastes better imo.
Kickapoo is like Mt. Dew with 3x the sugar sweet flavor and a bunch of caffine.

That is a 1967 bottle...extremely rare.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
HDS HiCRI with candle mode. Relaxing and thinking about, how 2015 went and what 2016 will bring. Happy New Year!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The original energy drink.
It was a Mt. Dew like soft drink that fell out of favor in America after Mt. Dew was readily available in 67.
Apparently they began selling it overseas where it's still popular in places like Malaysia.
I've seen it in country stores from time to time, but Mt. Dew tastes better imo.
Kickapoo is like Mt. Dew with 3x the sugar sweet flavor and a bunch of caffine.

Thanks for the info Bykfixer.

ven

Flashaholic
Just done something i have not for...........8ys, a dog walk at night(well in general too). Looking after our neighbours dogs over night(their sons wedding) we have a beagle and springer with us. So (i dont need to really add its chucking it down being in the UK do I?) :laughing: I took the L2T with quad 5000k and predator pro v2.5 warm with me(callum took his TOOLvn,the boss just used her TUBEvn). Predator was great across the field and even though ageing in flashlight years, packed a very nice beam across a 400yd field and enough useful spill at a distance that surprised me(1st real time out with it).

Closer up work, well the CQvn 5000k was great , used mainly on mode 2 and 3 and of course a test out in the rain on level 4(4 mode drop in) and ran issue free for a good few minutes and a warm cryos (new today)head dissipating the heat . Head seemed to be a nice even warm heat, far from hot anyway but never left on high modes for that long, plus its cool out!. The stainless host never broke a sweat tbh, hard to tell from hand heat or head heat, luke warm maybe.........Nice neutral flood at my feet, ramp up and nice flood over the path/field for a 100ft or so.

Time to chill!

Few mins later.........

Seemed to work, just need to walk the kids again!!

Last edited:

stefblac

Newly Enlightened
Olight SR52 - Used it to check out a possum in the back yard. She comes past and grabs food we leave out for her