What did you use your flashlight for today?

TurkishCoffee

Newly Enlightened
Tonight I went for a short walk in the woods at 3ºF, and learned that a 2D Maglite can easily survive being thrown from your hand and landing several feet away when you slip on ice.

watt4

Enlightened
I placed a 1D light ($3 type) on top of a ceiling tile so we could find the spot later, while climbing around in the building interstitial (dark) space. those lights can run for 3 days, so was not concerned about runtime.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I used my fenix hm23 headlamp on and off at work all day. When I got home I had a package with some efest unprotected button top 16340's for use with a lumens factory eo-eo2r that is 150 lumens at full voltage. I took that out with the old e2d on my walk tonight. I am very happy with the eo2r, and it works acceptably with cr123's if need be.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Working on a car engine in a garage at the door where the sun was pouring in, the shade/sun contrast was extreme so I clicked on my PK PR-1 to medium a few times to see a bolt I was about to remove or a dropped wrench I was about to pluck out of a cavity with a magnet.

First time I'd worked on a Honda Prelude in a couple years so it was enjoyable removing 3 screws and a bracket to get to the actual part that was about to be removed and replaced.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Today the day dawned dark and rainy (barely had 5 minutes of direct sunlight before the sun rose up beyond the clear gap between horizon and cloud cover). So I decided to have some fun and took the usual morning shower and clothing change at work while lit by my Convoy S2+ 219C on ceiling bounce.

Even if it's only 7135*4, the light off it at 35% power made the ceiling lamps above unnecessary, and the tint and CRI were far more pleasant.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Today the day dawned dark and rainy (barely had 5 minutes of direct sunlight before the sun rose up beyond the clear gap between horizon and cloud cover). So I decided to have some fun and took the usual morning shower and clothing change at work while lit by my Convoy S2+ 219C on ceiling bounce.

Even if it's only 7135*4, the light off it at 35% power made the ceiling lamps above unnecessary, and the tint and CRI were far more pleasant.
@Jean-Luc Descarte It makes me smile to see that you are still having fun with your lights. :)

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Yesterday we did a water heater replacement in the garage of an old apartment complex. It was not very well lit so the incan minimag was useful along with the E1D incan lego.

This tunnel is about 30 feet to the end. The E1D incan lego produces a very useful and pleasing level of light. Yes I am carrying three spare 16340's for it. Of course the minimag is not bright but I love how far it shoots that measly 14 lumens. It throws just as well as the 3x brighter surefire, and that's with the acrylite lens.

0C7A4008-418A-4F7A-AA94-7275B5621336.jpeg
1E9C28C2-05F1-4224-8B3D-333BE8617B62.jpeg

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Used a Lumens Factory body kitted out with a Malkoff NLL to see inside a switch box and ceiling conduit while setting up a new chandelier and dimmer switch last night. Just great for that application, but if I'm being honest I sorta missed the incan E2 I was using over the holidays...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Testing out Eneloop C, and D cell, AA spacers with a handful of different lights. Unfortunately, I can already report that they're not for inca. lovers.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my flashlights very frequently in my small, dimly-lit apt. with little fixed lighting.....because I enjoy it. That's way too many times a day to even consider posting about it. But today (and every day for months), it's a Streamlight Stinger 2020, tail-stood and ceiling-bounced that provides all lighting in my bathroom. The fluorescent fixture died some time ago, and I prefer not to have either property Maint. in here at this time or to fix it myself (because it's not mine). The flat-based 2020 does a fine job, and I'm not suffering a bit for good bathroom lighting:)

Edit: If someone has access to auto-correct's dictionary, they might want to add 'Streamlight' (not 'streetlight'). This is, after all, a bloody flashlight forum!:)

Last edited:

Limit_hex

Newly Enlightened
Running trails in rain on snow. MD2 with primaries and a M61WL, a Zebralight for backup, Icebugs (boots with grip) and my phone in a ziplock bag. Part thick snow, part water on ice, and drenched through, but very fun and found some new trails. I would never have done this without reliable flashlights.

Can add that I'm a very slow runner :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Klarus E2 and Pelican 1920 to navigate the completely pitch black massive parking lot that surrounds the building I work at during 3rd shift. Apparently all of the overhead lights are literally controlled by one fuse on a computer timer.