What do you guys like for pens? ...

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
To keep my handwriting fresh and legible I tend to vary the pens used however Cross and Lamy, both in ball and fountain pen formats, have been staples for some years but I have just got a pair of mint Parker 25 pens (1970's) again in ball and fountain pen formats. Gel pens are okay but do not last very long but to name a favourite writing implement then it would actually be a pencil, Steadler 780c which I'll use when I can. My UZI tactical is also a good pen and just a bit gadgety.

Good thread.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep! There are some other brands in there as well....

I use the Uni-ball micro in blue and red when marking up code since the colors stand out against the black print and the fine point let's me write between lines of code and remain legible (a failing of the Precise v5).

--flatline

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yasutomo quad made in Japan

3 ink colors Pens (Red, Blue Black) (or Highlighter or Stylus) and automatic pencil all in one barrel
Same Size as a regular pen
.05 pencil (wish it was .07)
Refills available in medium and fine point
Pencil and eraser refills available

Last one I got was $19.99 off ebay...

RCM

Enlightened
I use the Uni-ball micro in blue and red when marking up code since the colors stand out against the black print and the fine point let's me write between lines of code and remain legible (a failing of the Precise v5).

--flatline
Mine are ultra micro 0.38 mm tip size I love using them at work! I can cram a whole lot on one order...hoping my coworkers can read it! :D The precise v5 is the pen I used all through high school! The line seems to get wider as the ink runs low though

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are ultra micro 0.38 mm tip size I love using them at work! I can cram a whole lot on one order...hoping my coworkers can read it! :D The precise v5 is the pen I used all through high school! The line seems to get wider as the ink runs low though

I tried a pack of the ultra micro, but they weren't as plesant to write with as the micro. Too scratchy for my tastes.

--flatline

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
penandhf2_zps0da44af9.jpg

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only pen I ever carry is the Fisher Bullet Space Pen, preferably the Titanium Nitride version but I have had several others. Polished chrome, brushed chrome, matte black.

No clips for me, it has to stay in the pocket and one of the great features is that folded up, there are no edges to poke me. Also the smooth design means that it doesn't catch on my keys, which are carried in the same pocket. I have tried other pens briefly, but I usually end up launching them off somewhere when I grab my keys, and typically I lose it within 1-2 days. The short folded length is a plus as well, since I often carry packages and sometimes rest them on my leg while opening a door or whatever. Other pens actually tend to be painful to carry with this practice.

The ink cartridges last a very long time, and I have yet to have one fail early, even they I drop and abuse the pens constantly, what more can I ask for?

If you have a brand new TiNi pen for special occasions (I always have at least 4 bullet pens, 2 TiNi, 1 chrome, 1 matte) it can even hang with "fancy" or dress pens. With a new finish that thing is a beauty. Practically iridescent.

ksubenny

Newly Enlightened
I've floated around but am currently going with Pilot G2 Ink pens with .038 ink, the .07 were always to big of a line for me. These ultra fine tips are available most places, don't smear nearly as bad and last longer since you're using less ink. Plus its easier to find out when i left one laying in someone else's office as I'm the only one I know using the Ultra fine tips so they stand out

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really a pen guy but I had to buy an old Rotring 600 when I saw one a while back. The design reminds me of a Curta calculator. Very classic industrial looking, like an '80s Surefire flashlight or an old camera lens. Uses cheap Parker refills, too.

DSC_2175_zpsb1f098e9.jpg

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only pen I ever carry is the Fisher Bullet Space Pen, preferably the Titanium Nitride version but I have had several others. Polished chrome, brushed chrome, matte black.

No clips for me, it has to stay in the pocket and one of the great features is that folded up, there are no edges to poke me. Also the smooth design means that it doesn't catch on my keys, which are carried in the same pocket. I have tried other pens briefly, but I usually end up launching them off somewhere when I grab my keys, and typically I lose it within 1-2 days. The short folded length is a plus as well, since I often carry packages and sometimes rest them on my leg while opening a door or whatever. Other pens actually tend to be painful to carry with this practice.

The ink cartridges last a very long time, and I have yet to have one fail early, even they I drop and abuse the pens constantly, what more can I ask for?

If you have a brand new TiNi pen for special occasions (I always have at least 4 bullet pens, 2 TiNi, 1 chrome, 1 matte) it can even hang with "fancy" or dress pens. With a new finish that thing is a beauty. Practically iridescent.

I use the same Fisher Pens except for one flat black Fisher Military with clip and click. :thumbsup:

MrSwede

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a maxmadco pen a couple of weeks ago, threw a blue finepoint space pen refill in it and am extremely happy with the result. It's not quite as comfortable for long periods of writing as the embassy pen is, but it's worth it to not have to keep up with the cap.

--flatline

I tried to get one Maxmadco, but I live in sweden and in this case it realy sucks, anyone here who can find a way to get one in sweden ? Thanks

MrSwede

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a maxmadco pen a couple of weeks ago, threw a blue finepoint space pen refill in it and am extremely happy with the result. It's not quite as comfortable for long periods of writing as the embassy pen is, but it's worth it to not have to keep up with the cap.

--flatline

I want a maxmadco pen to but I live in sweden and can't find a way to get one, any tip ? Thanks

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a maxmadco pen to but I live in sweden and can't find a way to get one, any tip ? Thanks

Is there some sort of regulation that prevents him from shipping to you? Or is it just that the dealer isn't interested in international shipping?

--flatline

mattp

Enlightened
He'll ship internationally, but it costs 25 bucks or so. I got one of the maxmadco pens recently and it is my new favourite, having usurped a brass Render K from daily duties.
I am eagerly awaiting the Prometheus pen though, I haven't written extensively with the Mont Blanc refills before so will be interested to see how they perform.
Cheers,
Matt

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

MrSwede

Newly Enlightened
Is there some sort of regulation that prevents him from shipping to you? Or is it just that the dealer isn't interested in international shipping?

--flatline
Here is the answer from him when I asked him. "Hello from San Francisco!
I am the maker of the pen and the sole source so no there is no retail anywhere.
Best,
Jim