What do you keep next to your bed?

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What went wrong with it ........I thought those were suppose to be bullit proof lights ?

Not sure what the actual problem was, when I sent it back they surmised it was a connection within the potting that couldn't be repaired, so I'm awaiting replacement. Initially the issue I had with the light were mis-clicks which were so occasional that I thought it was me not fully pressing the button. Those mis-clicks became more and more frequent. Then the light just started exhibiting other odd behaviors like not responding at all unless you removed the battery first for reset, or turning on/off by itself. There were other behaviors too but simply put the light became very unreliable and had to go back for repair. As for it's reputation for being 'bullet proof', IDK, I used my light a lot but really didn't abuse it and it basically lasted two years. I know other HDS owners have had issues with their light too requiring repair/replacement but maybe we are the unfortunate ones that got bad lights, IDK. I'll say this though, it was a cool little light full of nice features and I can't wait to get it back.

glock35er

Newly Enlightened
A handgun,spyderco delica,fire pager,cell phone,streamlight stinger with the new terralux head

StriderTB

Newly Enlightened
I have a 9V Pak-Lite if I need to make a midnight bathroom run. I have a TLR-1 on my CZ75 SP-01 if a stranger tries to join me in there. ;)

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably get a few frowned looks for saying this, but I often use my cell phone as a flashlight when I have to get up in the night for something. The flashlight app on it works great and I get more than enough light to see my way around. Of course, my life wouldn't be complete if I didn't have a few "real" flashlights handy near my bed. I always have a LifeFlux LF5XT and a NovaTac 120P nearby for night use, as they are programmable and can be set VERY low.

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
A Fenix LD41 is always there, set to the lowest setting which is 5 lumens. I find it best to always start off with a low setting till your eyes adjust a bit to the light. Then u can kick it up gradually. This is advise from the the famous author and gun professional ex Police officer and combat trainer Massd Ayoob. If you never read his books they are fantastic. Start with "in the gravest extreme" esp if you carry a handgun. If you like a shot gun for home protection I would recommend StressFire II as well, to learn a lot of great tips on protecting yourself. P.S. a Winchester 1300 20 gauge Shotgun is also close at hand in case of any bumps.

nbp

Flashaholic
Surefire T1A for covert operations, and a Dark Sucks Alpha set to high for bump in the night sweeps.

Saber in PA

Newly Enlightened
62282847936631541897955.jpg

Glock 21 with a Streamlight TLR-3 on the rail. Led Lenser T7. The G26 dose not pull bed stand duty

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
Good set-up Saber. I have the same Glock 21 but like my Sig 220 better same cal.
Just got a Maelstrom X10 which is a decent light. Anyways these tools go with me everywhere
I do 24/7. take care, looks like you have things well under control.
Enjoy your freedom while you can......cause it's going fast.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
for now, just my partners E05 till my PD32 UE arrives. had my normal pd32 before.

but hey!,....this really ain't fair!. >

here in the UK, well legally anyway, I can't have a weapon like that at my bedside im sure. I wish!!.
it would be for me, so much better, knowing me, and my family are pretty protected rather than calling / waiting on the cops. immediate response here in the UK has to be within 12 minutes, and with that, its useless, - the criminals aren't worried about the police here really at all. no respect for police here.

after this school shooting, I still believe its not guns what kill, its those who use them irresponsibly that does!.
love that picture posted, and wish that was my bedside drawer.

thanks.

*RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES IN THE RECENT SCHOOL INCIDENT*.

Last edited:

Saber in PA

Newly Enlightened
Good set-up Saber. I have the same Glock 21 but like my Sig 220 better same cal.
Just got a Maelstrom X10 which is a decent light. Anyways these tools go with me everywhere
I do 24/7. take care, looks like you have things well under control.
Enjoy your freedom while you can......cause it's going fast.

I like sigs but not spending any more money on guns putting it in to ammo. Ammo is what they will go after. I think they will use the EPA with lead they tried it once and that will make ammo go sky high and then tax the hell out. Of it

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
Saber your 100% on the money ! Lead is the poor man's gold !
From the looks of things enjoy your guns now, cause they're coming for them.
It cannot be stopped. And Tnfdy, thanks for mentioning the school massacre.
We are truly sorry for the actions of a few....

Kodachrome40

Newly Enlightened
A 4D Maglite, Streamlight Scorpion (both incan), cordless phone and cell phone on my nightstand. Heavy jacket, a pair of gloves, sturdy shoes, bottle of water and some granola bars next to my bed. Emergency backpack next to the bedroom door.

Latest posts