What is the dirt cheapest cr123s around that can be trusted?

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
I am buying on price this time rather then quality, however i still do need the battery to work, and have a reasonable run time. recommendations anyone?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titainium Inovations about $1 or less depending on quanity bought, also Tennergy brand.
Titanium Innovations from Batteryjunction is what I use (i buy 12 packs, so it boils down to a little less than $1/cell). they're superb

Last edited by a moderator:

aimxplode

Enlightened
The cheapest Made in US cells are BatteryStation, if you buy in bulk. $60 for 50 cells shipped, works to $1.20 per cell. I suggest you go for these and avoid Made in China(Titanium Innovation) cells entirely.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Rayovac? In my searches last month it appeared that TI batteries were mostly hit but does have misses in storage longevity etc. I ended up getting a 100 cake of Rayovacs. You did say time over quality but quality = trusted. Can't have everything can ya? :)

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a batch of Titanium Innovations a while back but found several of them lost their charge after 2-3 years in storage.
They weren't guaranteed, unlike most brand name cells. I guess they know what they're doing.
They were for my earthquake kit, and I've had to go through it and check each cell -- and won't trust them if I need to grab some in the dark.

MorePower

Enlightened
The cheapest Made in US cells are BatteryStation, if you buy in bulk. $60 for 50 cells shipped, works to $1.20 per cell. I suggest you go for these and avoid Made in China(Titanium Innovation) cells entirely.

Rayovac? In my searches last month it appeared that TI batteries were mostly hit but does have misses in storage longevity etc. I ended up getting a 100 cake of Rayovacs. You did say time over quality but quality = trusted. Can't have everything can ya? :)

BatteryStation branded cells are Rayovac cells, made in the USA. A good choice.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
BatteryStation branded cells are Rayovac cells, made in the USA. A good choice.

Do the BatteryStations come out pricier than a 100 cake of Rayovacs at BJ? There was a reason I choose Rayos instead. Forgot if price, capacity or the shoot out here on CPF...

thedofuss

Newly Enlightened
While others seem to have covered your question, I would strongly advise you to buy only American made/Amerian Brand batteries, of any size (I realize that most American Brand are now outsourced to other countries as well, but at least you have some chance of quality control). I have purchased some batteries from certain other popular Asia countries, and found them to be very substandard, not as advertised, and most importantly, unproteccted--against overcharging, e.g. Whatever you pay for these bargains, they are not worth it. Also, they are typically very low end in Mah--which they never say in the ads. You get what you pay for in the end. I have many lights, and always stick to Panasonic, Rayovac, Duracell, Energizer, etc.--to protect my devices as well as to assure reliability.

Latest posts