What is the smallest single CR123 light?

Gatsby

Enlightened
Of those I've personally handled - the EZ123, Peak McKinley and Peak Caribbean (for the Peaks particularly with a pocket body) are all about as small as I think you can make a single 123 based light. I anticipate that the Nautilus and Bitz are in the same ballpark. All are twisties (as would be the old P1 Fenix which was also pretty small).

I think the smallest clickie is the Lumapower Incendio, with the Dereelight EDC close behind.

And the Arc6 is quite small for a multi level programmable light - probably the smallest in its class when compared to the Novatac, Ra, Liteflux etc... lights.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
iTP is soon to launch the A1 EOS. Measuring 59.8mm (2.35 in.) L will make it one of if not the shortest mass produced CR123A lights. And the title of RUNT goes to???? :confused:

Nickyan

Newly Enlightened
Hey!

I have an EZ123 and had a cheap DX CR123 flashlight. Gave away the DX one. Why? To switch off the light, you had to unscrew the head so far I was afraid to loose it. The o-ring was not covered in off position. Like the EZ a lot so far!

In the picture below you can see that there is still a lot of extra length, compared to the battery.

Greetings from Berlin!

Just a size comparison, the EZ123 DOES NOT take 16340's!
4042568145_af2ffa8547.jpg

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nautilus is 2.6" long, Bitz is 2.83"

Picture comparing Ti Nautilus and CR2 based Titan (Surefire)

221854385_kxShi-M.jpg

Moka

Enlightened
When does the A1 EOS come out... At the moment the Nautilus takes the cake... But the A1 will beat it to the punch if the prerelease specs are anything to go by...

Myster.E

Newly Enlightened
When does the A1 EOS come out... At the moment the Nautilus takes the cake... But the A1 will beat it to the punch if the prerelease specs are anything to go by...

A1 is available to order right now, and units will ship mid Nov. I expect that means specs are finalized. I can hardly wait 4 mine! :D

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I think the Fenix P1D is the smallest, although I much prefer the nitecore.

Actually, the NiteCore EZ 123 is a bit smaller than the P1D.

P1D: 7.1cm (L) x 2.1cm (D)
EZ 123: 70mm (length) * 19mm (diameter)

Looking at the specs for the iTP A1 EOS, it looks like it will be noticeably shorter than the EZ 123 but will be a bit larger in diameter.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Of those I've personally handled - the EZ123, Peak McKinley and Peak Caribbean (for the Peaks particularly with a pocket body) are all about as small as I think you can make a single 123 based light. I anticipate that the Nautilus and Bitz are in the same ballpark. All are twisties (as would be the old P1 Fenix which was also pretty small).

I think the smallest clickie is the Lumapower Incendio, with the Dereelight EDC close behind.

And the Arc6 is quite small for a multi level programmable light - probably the smallest in its class when compared to the Novatac, Ra, Liteflux etc... lights.
I believe that Peak used to make a single 5mm head for the McKinley and with the pocket body, I don't think that it can get much smaller.

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the NiteCore EZ 123 is a bit smaller than the P1D.

P1D: 7.1cm (L) x 2.1cm (D)
EZ 123: 70mm (length) * 19mm (diameter)

Looking at the specs for the iTP A1 EOS, it looks like it will be noticeably shorter than the EZ 123 but will be a bit larger in diameter.

heck I could have sworn that when I stand 'em up side by side the p1d is shorter! gadzeuks, my perceptions must be failing. I stand corrected.