What is the smallest single CR123 light?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The smallest may be the old Arc LS in twisty configuration. It is fatter than others.

DSC05069.jpg

Geoff

easilyled

Flashaholic
It is quite big compared to the original light which Nitecore shamelessly copied its desing and concept from: The Muyshondt Nautilus.

I know some other lights that have an uncanny resemblance to the Nautilus, Aeon and CR2 Ions.

They were designed by "tvodrd" and were the famous CR2 Larry-Lights.

Here is one of the famous Larry CR2 Lights

Guess which came first though, The Larry light or the CR2 Ion/Nautilus/Aeon? :thinking:

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the NiteCore EZ 123 is a bit smaller than the P1D.

P1D: 7.1cm (L) x 2.1cm (D)
EZ 123: 70mm (length) * 19mm (diameter)

Looking at the specs for the iTP A1 EOS, it looks like it will be noticeably shorter than the EZ 123 but will be a bit larger in diameter.

Well, looks like I deferred too quickly: I have a P1D and a 123 standing side by side right in front of me, at this very moment, and the P1D is definitely shorter, and about the same diameter. Those measurements must be wrong (I know they are from the manufacturers, but check it out for yourself, you'll see what I am talking about).

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Of what I have smallest to biggest:

Zebralight H30
Pierce M10
LumaPower Incendio
Fenix P2D
Tank 007 HC-316

Fenix is most useful as EDC
Followed by Incendio

HC-316 is bright on high with 16340 but has PWM flicker in med/low. Has 3 levels Bright/LM/Strobe. Used as a one level light that comes on bright it's pretty good. It's only barely longer than P2D.

Incendio on 16340 is between high and turbo of P2D. Low is just a whisker brighter than P2D low.

I carry P2D in bely holster in jeans, but toss Incendio in my pocket in shorts/casual.

I would recommend Incendio.

hoongern

Enlightened
I'm not sure that these have really been mentioned in this thread yet, but I think the 4sevens Quark Mini 123 comes very close to being the smallest. I grabbed the dimensions for a couple lights (diameter*length in mm)

Zebralight H30 = 21x56 = 19396mm^3
Quark Mini 123 = 20x58 = 18221mm^3
Nitecore EZ123 = 19x70 = 19847mm^3
Fenix P1D = 21x71 = 24592mm^3

I don't have any of the above, but it seems that the Quark 'arguably' the smallest, and it takes 3.7v cells as well.

Take a look at the Quark Mini thread @ CPFMP for some comparison pictures with some other 123 lights. It's really small!

Last edited:

LightCannon

Enlightened
Some guys were talking about CR2 lights earlier...that doesn't really fit the whole "123" part that the OP is asking for, so I'm going to take some liberties with my suggestions as well.

Wee, anyone? :D

wingnutLP

Enlightened
I think I am going to have to get the quark mini 123 and the lummi wee!!

I have seen the Wee before but couldn't stomach the cost but I think I may have to bite the bullet.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When does the A1 EOS come out... At the moment the Nautilus takes the cake... .

Not true, Quark Mini is 2.3" long, beat Nautilus (2.6") by 0.3 Inch,
or 8 mm roughly. Pretty big difference for such small lights.

Latest posts