What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry? Pics :)

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I'm in need of a new perfect edc
Thrunite T10, or their new version, the Saber 1A. Uses a common AA, has 3 wonderfully spaced, usable levels including a firefly. It's small, light and bright. I carry one in my front pocket and it's about the size of some chapstick. The mode memory is what completes the perfection for me, because I can leave it on firefly at night or the brightest setting during the day and not have to cycle modes to get what I want. Finally, the price is right. Give one a try. Smooth threads too.

eightballrj

Newly Enlightened
Niteye EYE10 TIC in front left pocket on AW 700mAh 18350 IMRs. Spare cells in the center console of my car.

Used to be Preon 2 Titanium. Now the wife is EDC'ing it in the diaper bag, uber tacticool EDC location huh? :)

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
After receiving my Zebralight SC52, it quickly became my preferred EDC. It's very small, and even when clipped in the pocket, it doesn't get in the way. It's high is very bright (when used with a 14500) and it's low is suitably low (at least for me). Overall, an excellent EDC light! :)

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite T10, or their new version, the Saber 1A. Uses a common AA, has 3 wonderfully spaced, usable levels including a firefly. It's small, light and bright. I carry one in my front pocket and it's about the size of some chapstick. The mode memory is what completes the perfection for me, because I can leave it on firefly at night or the brightest setting during the day and not have to cycle modes to get what I want. Finally, the price is right. Give one a try. Smooth threads too.

thanks will check this out!

holylight

Enlightened
Size comparison of my Edc

y9a6avuq.jpg

pinetree89

Enlightened

Couldn't have written it better myself. This is exactly me right now. I love the nice compact size for an AA of the Saber 1A. Also that little bit of extra throw from the XPG2 is nice. I have a few XPG2 lights and on every one of them I've been quite pleased with the tint, although I know it's very subjective from person to person.

mrmacman2u

Newly Enlightened
My EDC varies depending on if I'm working or if I'm doing "my own thing".

Working, I have a Maglite XL200 in my back pocket, wallet w/spare car key in it, keys, a generic 2.7" full stainless steel Jaguar smooth blade lockback with a cherry inlay handle, cellphones (a work one and my personal), a Zebra F-701 and that's pretty much it.

"Oot and a boot" I have a drastically different setup that comes in two additional flavors.
Standard: I carry my custom built XM-L 18650 powered torch, the same knife, wallet, keys, 20' of paracord in a tri-weave bracelet, cellphone, my solar Casio G-Shock and a small "pen" style combo screwdriver. This all fits in my jeans/arms/belt.

D-Day Level: Everything from the standard category plus a small shoulder "holster" style pack holding my Mag-Tac as a backup, a pair of RC123's, a spare 18650, 4 lithium AA's, firesteel, 50' more paracord, $100, my beloved Garmin 62S clipped to the outside, 16gb flash drive, a Fisher Space Pen (matte black bullet style), Gerber Multi-Plier 600, wire type wood saw, small waterproof notepad, digital "spy camera", a few first aid items, solar blanket, a spare set of sunglass clips and finally quick insert earplugs.

I'll grab a picture when I finally get home from this trip, but the bag is surprisingly thin and light despite the small truckload of stuff in it and is MAYBE 6"x9"x2" in a quarter moon shape and is designed to be worn holster style. It's basically a micro bug-out bag that I EDC if I'm headed out and want to have more than I can pocket... So, I carry it pretty often.

It started off as just wanting to have a "bit more" than I could carry in my pants/on my belt, but I just kept finding useful stuff to squeeze inside in the extra nooks and crannies... I swear it's bigger on the inside :huh: The bag stayed the same, but the insides have evolved and now there is enough in it that if I were to be stranded 1000 miles from civilization in a resource rich environment like the state I live in (NY), that I can confidently say I'd be able to survive nearly indefinitely with my skills... or at least be prepared for a realistic "anything" :twothumbs

Oh, one last thing before I wrap up the wall of text; I also sporadically CC my stainless Walther PPK .380acp in it's own holster with 2 spare mags. I know "often" might as well be not at all, but imho, often is better than never :) I mostly find myself wearing it most in the fall/spring when I know I'm going to be tromping through the woods at all hours of the night as a precaution for the more wild wildlife.

Last edited:

FliptEG

Newly Enlightened
Four Sevens mini123, carried in the left front pocket.
Looking to go AAA or AA to minimize the type of spare battery carried.

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
I normally carry the quark mini in front pocket and the preon 1 with 10440 on my key chain . but my quark mini just died so am trying what to edc in front pocket now

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I have several that I rotate, depending on the mood.

Currently carrying my ITP A1EOS.

Modded with a XM-L T5, 3 setting Shinning Beam memory driver and aspheric lens.

Funny, I thought the memory circuit would be the hot ticket but 90% of the time I use the low setting which was the default power up for the original, non memory board.

0d4e6841-526a-46c0-a18e-3e30460c7a98_zps6701d931.jpg

Dknight16

Newly Enlightened
What EDC light did you carry for the longest time?

For me it was the Olight T10. What sold me was the click tail cap and very nice beam despite its small size. I didn't care that much about the extra modes, but really liked the 5 different output levels, its simple operation, and a smooth exterior that didn't have unnecessary steps or sharp edges - although it still could cut through some of my jeans pockets over an extended period of time. I blame Levi's inconsistent pocket material rather than the light. I carried it every day for about 7 years. It still looks and works great. It's amazing that sharing a pocket with coins never really wore down the finish.

But now I finally decided to get something new (EagleTac D25C Ti Nichi) and passed the Olight down to my wife. She' previously had and lost a couple of Streamlights, so I'm not optimistic it will be around much longer. ��

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What EDC light did you carry for the longest time?

Total post explanation, see avatar pic.

Ever since I could remember, there's a source of candlepower where you find it. I feel that mine is made of flint, chert, and ferro with maybe a file, old razor or something. To generate char fiber or char cloth is a fairly important step from turning a spark into an open flame.

My current favorite light hinges upon harnessed candle-type flame. Knowledge weighs nothing and I have stuff I can use to do this sort of thing. It's quite an inexpensive side of the runtime hobby.

Remember padawan: The reader likely already has the components. :thumbsup:

I like carrying fire. Too bad it isn't as awesome as they portrayed it in the movie, Krull. Too bad, really.

...so take the fire from my hand! :)

Last edited:

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

Been carrying an AA and AAA Mini Maglite for a year, no longer the AAA one though since around the beginning of this year. Been liking the LEDLenser T7 so that may be my secondary EDC light which i am taking on a trip as an EDC this coming weekend to Wisconsin, got a holster with so it'll be carried on the outside while the AA Minimag will continue to be in my pocket :).

fyrstormer

Banned

A Jetbeam TC-R2 clipped to my front-right pocket, and a Tain Ottavino V2 clanging around in the bottom of my front-right pocket along with some other tools.