What light(s) have you bought for your significant other?

83Venture

Enlightened
To My Wife:

- Arc AAA in her day planner.
- Surefire E1e Winelight in her purse.
- Inova Microlight on her ID badge necklace.
- EternaLight and a few others in her vehicle.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
When walking, especially camping and other rougher terrain my wife prefers to point the flashlight straight down so she can see immediately in front of her.
I bought her the Princeton Tec Attitude since it has a good flood and it isn't so bright as to blind us by the light reflecting off the ground.

When I bought my Fenix L2P several months ago, she was amazed at how bright it is. She also liked the wide corona and lots of spill and asked me to get her one. The design is rather elegant; she would have wanted it in blue or green though. She really likes it.

She had a chance to put it into action while she was away on business. The power in the hotel went out. She positioned her fenix L2P into the ceiling bounce mode, had her shower, did her makeup and away she went. Her coworkers were envious.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
First got her a Q3. Then some Photon Freedoms. Then an HDS EDC B42. Most recently an Arc-P. Im testing a couple different Matterhorns for her as well. Will be getting one of those for her next.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Except for a red 2AA minimag I gave my wife before we were married, I haven't bought her any lights. I have, however, made/modded a couple:

She reluctantly accepted a modded ArcAAA on her keychain (now she refuses to take it off her keychain) :laughing: You can see pics of it on the ArcAAA LED replace thread and the GID projects thread.

The only other light I've given her is a superspecial, mirror polished, CR2 Infinity mod with a shortstacked MM+ RYOJ sammie. :grin2: I have the matching pair (aaaww, how cute!) :nana:

Last edited:

magic79

Enlightened
I told my wife I wanted her to carry a flashlight in her purse and she "agreed". I thought the Fenix L1P or L0P would be perfect. We looked at all mine "not cute enough".

Finally, my Orb Raw arrived and I unpacked it. "It's so CUTE!" she said. Oh oh. I didn't intend to buy her a $100 light!

So, I gave it to her and bought another one. She loves it!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my good friend a Nuwai 5w light, the one that looks like a 2 cell Q3. I dropped in a WXOT star and took out a resistor so now it's brighter than my KL4. SHe likes it, hell her dad scared himself when he turned it on. TUrns out giving your girlfriend bright lights really make electronics-loving dads very happy. SHe there is less of a chance of my rear getting kicked when I meet him in the future.

Dogliness

Enlightened
It is hard to answer your question without knowing more. Types of information that would be helpful to know include:

• What does she intend to use the flashlight for? For example, will it go in her car, in her purse, or on her key chain?
• What is your price range?
• Does she appreciate flashlights?
• What size of flashlight does she want? Does she want something large, ultra small etc.?
• You already indicated she prefers LED.
• Does she want variable brightness? If so, would two levels of brightness suffice?
• If she is really into flashlights, you could ask things like how important is run time, throw, spill, the tint of the beam, brightness, and a hard anodization finish.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've given her:

21 LED Chinese Light (2 -CR123)
"Fauxton" keychain light (she uses this one the most, because it's on her key chain)
Fenix L1P