What lights are on your radar in {2024}?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info. The FC13 i got has pretty colored lights on the button that when activated cycles endlessly between the colors. I honestly don't see the reason except to find the light in the dark or drain the battery? Still playing with the A2 system on this light.
The i think TS25 shows the multi color light but i wonder if anyone can tell me if its a good RBG or a toy as you said?
View attachment 55738
To me this just looks like pretty colored glow lights and doesn't seem the indicate it would project a colored beam? Still i like the design of this light and either this or the WK15 are in the running for a cheap/budget light in 21700 powered category.
If it's from Wurkkos, it's likely going to be Aux. emitters; unfortunately. I bought my Skilhunt after checking out a couple of reviews of that model on YouTube to verify I was getting the real thing. Check to see if there are any reviews of the TS25 on YT before buying one. The light-up "feature" on the Wurkkos FC13 is why I decided against buying one.

Buff

Enlightened
I started searching YT for info. They mention emitters briefly so that is what they are. I just turned my button colored emitters off on my FC13 and i do like this light and the cool stuff you can do with the A2 UI. Learned how to set up ramping and to check batt life so on and so forth. I wont hesitate to get another A2 UI light.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD32R but it's probalby going to have cheap circtui with memory mode and no shortcut.
Fenix HM62-T: which is probably not going to be well regulated.
This way they fall off the radar adn I save a few bucks!

Buff

Enlightened
Ok new dilemma. A light on my radar that i am ready to shoot down 🚀 is causing me problems.
The wurkkos TS 21 has 3 different emitters the newest a 70.3 and at cri 90 up from 70? Most variants are out of stock and no 6500 or 5000 available out of California warehouse which seems to be the only place on wurkkos i can get one. The 4000 is available in both black and the "red" i have my eye on. Will i be disappointed with the 4000 and the picture shows the beam to be yellow and therefore not as bright? I like bright!

Buff

Enlightened
Ok found one on Amazon. Red with 5000 ( i suppose a compromise between 4000 & 6500?)
On a side note it seems the Wurkkos batteries are better than the other ones i get from Maratac?
IMG_5313.jpeg

Still learning about such things.

letschat7

Suspended
The Maratac battery is what I would consider trustworthy since it is from Taiwan and not a counterfeit. In 18650s the best battery isn't that much more than a cheap one.

Buff

Enlightened
I did a test. The Wk batt was 3.5v and brighter by a lot compared to the Mt at 3.2v.(a little lower because of more use) So i switched the wk button top to my FC13 that only has tail spring and put the flat top in my wk02 that has two springs.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix HM62-T: which is probably not going to be well regulated.
Wait 'til it's released / shipping and you likely won't need to speculate. To their credit, Fenix is pretty good about supplying an output/time graph in their docs (as you likely know). It's a shame all manufacturers can't step up to that standard. It ain't that dang difficult to do, so IMO there's no valid excuse for not doing it.

letschat7

Suspended
Wait 'til it's released / shipping and you likely won't need to speculate. To their credit, Fenix is pretty good about supplying an output/time graph in their docs (as you likely know). It's a shame all manufacturers can't step up to that standard. It ain't that dang difficult to do, so IMO there's no valid excuse for not doing it.
That is one thing I like about them.

Buff

Enlightened
Ok i shut down my radar and rebooted it. Looking at offerings from Olight (Baton 3), Fenix ( 36R) and Malkoff but I normally settle for the cheaper budget lights. Certainly don't look forward to going over the $100 mark so hopefully some of these will be during a sale.

iacchus

Enlightened
I'm likely to pick up a few racelights this year, just to play w/ some new LED options.
I've settled in for quite some time w/ a compliment of HDS, Malkoff, ZL, and a couple small Reylights in Ti for fancy dress in slacks. I really have no need for anything else, my bases are covered. Everything that gets hard use is pretty bombproof and trustworthy.

But now I'm getting the bug again just to see whats new on the market. Will probably spec out a few Hanks to feed my curiosity.

iacchus

Enlightened
I have two headlamps en route and include them in i've hit my threshold as soon as they arrive.
It was a headlamp purchase that got me itching again, oddly enough.
I found myself outside at 930 in the rain patching a pane of glass in a bay window that got a limb through it in the storm and the headlamp I was using was just terrible. Horrible. Useless.

So, after a shower and warming back up, I set out to make sure that never happened again.
Do I need a 1000L headlamp? Well, it sure woulda been handy last week!