What to expect from: Surefire K2 Kroma

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know if the Kroma will run on 18650´s like the U2 .

If it is possible to get one with white and red led´s and it will run on a 18650 battery . I will buy one .

Kenny

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Kenny,

Perhaps someone with a more absolute answer will post later on, but for now I will give my views/answers to your questions.

1) As of right now it is too early to say for certain if the K2 Kroma will definitely run on the 18650 batteries. Once some people have the Kroma in their hands, we will then be able to know for certain.

2) I agree with you that if there is to be a version with both White and Red LED's it would likely be pretty popular. There has been some talk of people considering even modding the stock Blue LED's with White ones. As for if SureFire will make a version like that in stock for sale, I would think it is a possibility. However, being that this 8 Blue/8 Red LED has been said to likely not be available until after summer's end, there could be a wait on that, if indeed one is planned.

I know I was not able to answer your questions exactly, but I hope I might have been able to have been of some help.

All My Best,
John

Robban

Enlightened
I know this sounds really stupid but.. Am I the only one that thinks this light is incredibly ugly looking? Of course function is key but it doesn't hurt if it looks good aswell. Of all the SureFires I've seen this one is the ugliest only being beat by the M1.

I know, I'm being silly but looks kinda matters to me :p

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks John , I guess we will just have to wait till this light hits the street to see exactly what it can and can not do . :whistle:

Kenny

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Robban, I must honestly say that as far as looks go, and perhaps I am in the minority, but based upon the pictures that I have seen, the K2 Kroma is my favorite SureFire Flashlight as far as looks go.

Mountainer, I agree. I am really looking forward to the release of the K2 Kroma. I myself have one pre ordered. Once I am in possession of it I'd be happy to offer what feedback I am able. However, being honest, there will be many others here on the CPF more technically able to do so than myself.

duFontaine

Newly Enlightened
Well I am super pissed.
SureFire told me that without a doubt it would be here last Friday, and that if I wanted them overnighted they could do that but it would cost like $40 extra. Well I thought I would wait, whats a few extra days. They kept telling me that they were a little slow and not to worry and that the Kroma would be there.
They sent me a box this morning with nothing in it but a note saying that the Kroma is back-ordered(I had to pay for shipping). I have spoken to them so many time between then and now. I can't understand why they wouldn't have told me on the phone instead of sending me a empty box. Oh well, it's worth the wait.

thanks
duFontaine

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure it was a brain fart in the shipping department. If you call them I would bet they will refund the shipping. Nobody but an idiot would ship a letter in a box on purpose.

Scott

nc987

Enlightened
Wait, so SureFire actually said they were shipping these things soon. I had the understanding that these things were still months away.

Polar

Newly Enlightened
If they shipped you an empty box with a note in it then somebody is STUPID~! That would tick me off beyond belief.

Did anybody else read the catalog from SHOT? I read it today and they are rating the U2 at 100 lumens again and the L4 was rated at 100 lumens. Has something changed with the L4???

Size15's

Flashaholic
For the answer to your question regarding the change in rating please use the search function since it has recently been discussed.
Bottomline: We believe SureFire are now getting LEDs with less output variation (and/or higher outputs) and do not feel they have to set the rating as low in order to represent the lowest output LEDs they were using.

Polar

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
For the answer to your question regarding the change in rating please use the search function since it has recently been discussed.
Bottomline: We believe SureFire are now getting LEDs with less output variation (and/or higher outputs) and do not feel they have to set the rating as low in order to represent the lowest output LEDs they were using.

I know how to use the search function but I haven't read anything about the L4 going to 100 lumens. That is a big jump but I like it. Now to find a new stock L4.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably going to get one of these. I'm happy with my U2, but this just seems kind of nifty. I guess I just like the new lights with new features. I still would like to see beamshots. Whatever happens, nobody better send me an empty box :tsk:

duFontaine

Newly Enlightened
Well I just got through talking with SureFire and the Kroma will not be out for another 6 weeks. The only good news is that I made them pay for the shipping (which they said was a mistake). The box was to include some other lights which came today. Thanks
duFontaine