What watch you're wearing?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear about your Casio. I'm not a Seiko expert.
It might be a rare dial color, it might be custom.
I do know a great online site for Seiko watches, including a good deal on 007s.
Not sure if Mark ships internationally though. That's the only thing.
PM me if you're interested. Mark took care of me when I wanted an Orient that he didn't have in stock.

mickb

Enlightened
Timex ironman EDC, tough, slim line. As some others in this thread, I have a gripe about watch bands, designed to fail before the item does to keep us bying new ones. I have a draw with several such bandless watches from my army days. Some couldn't be replaced, most not worth the cost. Also have an old casio from when I was a kid lying around. Watch failed sometime in the 90's but the band is still fine. China needs to reverse engineer these "space age substances of 35 years ago" to make a freakin watch band that lasts half as long in the 21st century.

mcm308

Enlightened
The current daily ..
f7933bab716a3bb9cbe1dce59ca48d0c.jpg

superedge88

Newly Enlightened
d139d1a1c017d6befd2310d80c7b8e34.jpg

I've been wearing this since ~2008 and I never regret going with the titanium model that has the metal band and clasp. Pretty bullet proof design.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the Traser Red Alert T100, it has tritium underneath (??) the numbers on the unidirectional bezel. They glow (tritium), not luminous.

IMG_2485.jpg

Not the OEM band on it, I have something else on order.

Received a PVD Oyster band - very nice, looks great with it.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This thread caused me to dust off a Stauer

Reproduction of an oldie.
This automatic is nearly as accurate as all my other watches even though it's pure mechanical. By far the most accurate mechanical watch I own.

Speaking of mechanical...

These 1980's Timex still get to play at weddings and parties.

And that old saying "I gave them 30 years and they gave me a gold watch"....

Left was my great grandfathers retirement watch from Dupont circa 1948, and right was my dads from Reynolds Metals circa 1992. I wore the 1940's watch at my wedding and my pops at his funeral. These are reserved for times when a suit or tuxedo is the attire.

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have several Ball watches, first caught my interest due to practical tritium vials allowing me to see how long it had taken to rock my colicky son to sleep. They still represent great value for a Swiss watch and somewhat unique since barely any other brands offer tritium:

A2E7F73C-5F70-4452-857A-2F1F65F876E3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OG thanks and you're right - Ball is definitely under appreciated , most people I show it to never heard of it.

Latest posts