What watch you're wearing?

mhpreston

Enlightened
Work watch. Shame they don't do this style anymore...
9ypyba6e.jpg

Barbarian

Enlightened
^ Keep them coming.

Here are a couple more that are in the rotation.

I actually like the Seiko pictured better than my Orange Monster. I like the dark accents on this piece.

The Bulova Precisionist is big, bold, and beautiful. A co-worker called it a hubcap :)

My poor camera and photography skills don't do justuce to any of the 4 watches I posted.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
You guys arent going to believe this.
On our way to the campground today, I stopped at a barn where an old guy has an occasional barn sale. Bunch of antiques, miscellaneous junk, etc. Theres a glass case with a bunch of old cigarette lighters, costume jewlery, small stuff and a tray of old watches, mostly junk. I asked to pick through the watch tray while my SO was browsing around.
There was a watch with a SS oyster style bracelet, I could tell it was a better watch but my eyes are bad and I couldnt tell what it was. I happen to have a B+L watchmakers loupe in my flashlight case in the car which I went to get.
Came back and checked out the watch. A black dial SS case and bracelet Zodiac SeaWolf Swiss automatic, late 60's or early 70's vintage, 90-95% condition, running amd keeping perfect time. Original bracelet, Zodiac signed clasp and crown, rotating bezel, no pitting whatsoever.
Damm near perfect condition, acrylic crystal just needs some fine scratches polished out. Dial is perfect.
Amazing barn find.

Price???? How about $10 bucks says the old man.

I said sold and VERY happily and quickly.handed over a ten spot holding back any reaction.

y2a3yvy2.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mhpreston

Enlightened
^ Keep them coming.

I actually like the Seiko pictured better than my Orange Monster. I like the dark accents on this piece.

Nice - I've turned Orange too, thanks to that ICE Watch. My Dad bought me my first decent watch when he was away on an overseas business trip - it ws a Seiko, so they have had a special place in my heart!

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Nice find!

On the right is a classic Bulova 17j 10k RGP case hand winder I bought for 5 bucks along with the $10 Zodiac SeaWolf automatic. That Bulova is in exceptional condition as well. 90%. On what appears to be its original lizard skin strap. It wasnt running at the barn but I bought it anyway because i know Bulova had very high grade movements in those old ones and it was in very clean condition. I popped the snap caseback open this morning and got it running with a little gentle coaxing of the escapement wheel and the balance wheel.
Its running now and keeping reasonable time.
I'd value this one at around $50-75 now and the Zodiac around $175-200. Both could use a CLR from a qualified watchmaker, but not too shabby of watch finds for $15 bucks for the pair. Both vintage classic beauties with collector interest. The Bulova movement is gorgeous, gold plated 17j movement.
The Zodiac has kept perfect time now over 24 hours.

I'm tickled to death to find that SeaWolf. I wanted one years ago when I was studying and tinkering with watches pretty heavy.

The $15 dollar barn find duo:
Try to beat those deals!!!!

ade3u4er.jpg

Last edited:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Dude I think I undervalued that Seawolf. This one has the grey enamel bezel, black dial, and full original bracelet and clasp. Searching around the web and this piece I fished out of that barn junker watch tray appears to be worth upwards of $350-475.

Holy crap. I knew it was valuable when I identified it but it appears to be a rarer version of the SeaWolf.

Damn. I hit a good one here. We stopped at that barn the other day just on a whim too.

Zodiac is holding at 1-2 minutes a day. The Bulova is actually running better now that it's been exercised a bit. Dead nuts timekeeping, right on the dot. The Zodiac is running very well for what it is amd comsidering the age. It:s too valuable to open the case.
I have the proper tools, but the SeaWolf cases are notoriously difficult to open and close and its not worth risking damage to do so. The SeaWolfs were popular with Vietnam era Navy SEALS. Waterproof down to 200m which was a high depth standard in its day. I wont expose this to water due to its age. The case appears to have never been opened but the condition of the case seals is unknown and will stay that way.

Last edited:

al93535

Newly Enlightened
Well I posted a picture of my watch some pages back. However I lost my watch and an awesome pair of Oakleys in a fire at work. I am now watch less. :(

sent from a non Apple device

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
After wearing an old 'waterproof' Benrus through the shower I'm once again wearing what is turning out to be an absolute favorite, not least because of the light titanium body, but especially the coated sapphire crystal.

DSCF1539_zps8b622e80-1.jpg