What weapon light are you using on your AR15?

tffrost

Newly Enlightened
I appologize for my FNG posts and not being that specific. I'm not new to Surefire kit but just haven't stayed as educated on the model numbers as I should have. I will post some pics as soon as I have the time to figure it out or I can send them to somebody to post for me. I do have a couple classics and some classic mounts that are sitting in the parts box. As for the 950, yes they are the Millenium series and the X is probably the best way to express that. The Scouts are M600 and M300 with two 120 lumen M600Cs, a 100 lumen M600A, a 65 lumen M600A Kit 01, and the M300 is the 110 lumen. My mounts have been swapped and changed between the Millennium series so many time that I have know idea what the original designations were. The mounts now range between the standard thumbscrews, ARMS #17's, and even a LaRue offset from a while back. I don't have any of the newer throw levers they offer...yet. I had one of the M900 VFGs with white nav but traded it for some other kit a while back as it was just a little too uncomfortable on my knuckle while operating the weapon. I will snap a couple pics and email them direct if you would like. Thaks for droppin' the knowledge sir.

tffrost

Newly Enlightened
Ok. I did some reading and will try the imageshack thing tomorrow. I was trying to get some pics but they looked like *** down in the basement so I'm gonna try some sunlight. While I was down there I found another of the M95Xs down there. Man, I gotta get settled and sorted.

GoneTomorrow

Newly Enlightened
I have two AR 15s both have lights, as many have said already its such a useful tool why not throw one on your rifle. I have a Fenix TK12 (which will be upgraded to Maelstrom G5 once the pressure switch becomes available) on my RRA Entry Level, and a Fenix PD30 R4 on my Colt Match Target. Both are good lights and can blind at close range, but they don't have enough throw for my liking. Hopefully the Maelstrom will remedy that.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Very Nice!

It's interesting to see the diet that the MH90 (core of the Millennium Universal WeaponLight Series) has been on over the years.

tffrost

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out what the best upgrades would be for the P60 / P61 based units. I also need to look into the best up grades for the 9 volts and the E2Ds. I think it will be tough to top the 2oo lumen LED front end for the scouts that surefire offers. I guess that's prob another thread though.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a scoutlight from Marketplace. there is really no need to get the MH90 style weapon lights. you can always use a LU60a adatpter if you want M SERIES heads or C series.

Markm87

Newly Enlightened

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
1.jpg

I've got a TK11 R2 on mine (without the pressure switch). It does a good job.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is milspec monkey. I have done something similar with my Nerf Raider. I added an EOtech holosight and surefire scoutlight.

I modded a Nerf Recon to look like a M4A1 and added Aimpoint Red dot, SF M910 weapon foregrip light, and a Scoutlight with IR head.

Xacto

Enlightened
That is milspec monkey. I have done something similar with my Nerf Raider. I added an EOtech holosight and surefire scoutlight.

I modded a Nerf Recon to look like a M4A1 and added Aimpoint Red dot, SF M910 weapon foregrip light, and a Scoutlight with IR head.

Pictures? Even though they are toys, they make a nice distraction from all the AR's in this thread.

Cheers
Thorsten

Roger999

Enlightened

Good thing there's a shock absorbing head on, you don't wanna damage the lamp from the "recoil" :nana:. Kind of funny how quite a few of the Rifles in this thread don't have lights designed specifically to be a weaponlight but the nerf guns do lol.

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
Good thing there's a shock absorbing head on, you don't wanna damage the lamp from the "recoil" :nana:. Kind of funny how quite a few of the Rifles in this thread don't have lights designed specifically to be a weaponlight but the nerf guns do lol.

AR15s don't really have any recoil.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes they do. it might me a little but it is still there.

actually if the non-shock isolated lights are running LEDs, they should be fine.

I would be more worried about the batteries bouncing back and forth between the tailcap and lamp spring.

If you look at SF weaponlights. the batteries are pressed up against something solid. Scoutlights dont use springs for the lamps or LED heads. the M9XX series weaponlights have a collar that the batteries are pushed up against.