What's a good 2AA LED handheld light?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
FUD?

Not sure about that?

Sure, it is. Fear, uncertainty, doubt. That's exactly what you're using. I'm sure the Rayovac he's considering has 99.9% reliability. Using FUD to get him to buy a 99.91% reliable light isn't really appropriate, but I'll grant you that it's still effective.

IMO, the difference between a $20 light and a $75 light, is mostly features. I have many $20 lights, and they're all just as reliable as my more expensive lights. They turn on, they turn off. Not very interesting, but they work.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, I guess I'm just scared of thinking I could have done better and not be in a bad position via earlier choices.

I prepare each day to succeed best of my abilities, some folks just fail to prepare better then good enough.

That leaves questionable doubt, which can be avoided.

OK FUD, you win.
Cheap works just as good as decent, every time right.
Guess that's all that matters, if it works, every time.
Thanks for clarifying.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not saying don't buy an expensive light. If you have the money, go for it. The extra features, and better refinement, will likely make the purchaser happier with the light. Otherwise, we'd all still own M@glites.

But if all you want is light, and don't care what it looks like, relatively inexpensive is almost as good.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not saying don't buy an expensive light. If you have the money, go for it. The extra features, and better refinement, will likely make the purchaser happier with the light. Otherwise, we'd all still own M@glites.

But if all you want is light, and don't care what it looks like, relatively inexpensive is almost as good.
+1

gemniii

Newly Enlightened
Well when I typed my suggestion they still had the model I listed for the price I listed.
They still do as of right now too?

Do you work for the Administration and can not see what is right on the page?:poke:
No when I "googled" it only 3 models of Eagletac 25a showed up.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rayovac Indestructable 2XAA - 100 lumen high/ 15 lumens low

Home Depot or other big hardware, often under $20. For the money, it's hard to beat. And even if you do beat it with a hammer, you can't break it. :cool:

(I'm wondering if they are being taken off the market, they're not listed on the Rayovac site anymore. I'm going to grab another next time I'm there if any are left on the shelf.)

I was going to recommend this exact light.

Last edited:

afraidofdark

Enlightened
I came here to recommend the Rayovac as well. Great value for a tool light.

Regarding the $22 Eagletac, that would be a great deal. I finally found this, but it took me a few tries. The exact model is the EagleTac D25A2 Mini XP-G2.[h=1][/h]

wjv

Enlightened
Fenix LD22 exceeds all your qualifications except price. .

Poppy

Flashaholic
I came here to recommend the Rayovac as well. Great value for a tool light.

Regarding the $22 Eagletac, that would be a great deal. I finally found this, but it took me a few tries. The exact model is the EagleTac D25A2 Mini XP-G2.

@ $22 I was going to pick one up, but the best price I see is $42

I also have a rayovac 2AA indestructible and often recommend it for it's low $14 price, and durability.

It is a little bulky for a 2AA light, but there is an advantage to it being large, if you need to hold it between your head and shoulder, while you pick up poop; it is easier, than a too thin a light.

However, if you consider the cost of batteries, and perhaps rechargeable NiMH ones and a charger, then you might consider chuckhov's recommendation of switching to an 18650 format and getting a Convoy S2, C8, M1, or M2, and you'll have more light, and a broader path of light.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what the deal is regarding the ET at Ill.Supply but it is right there in the ET section?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
No - Scroll down the main page until you see "Special Deals" near the bottom, on the right.

Click on that.

Enjoy,
-Chuck
If you just select ET as the brand and LOOK at the page unless I am seeing things?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Really are you saying I am not seeing what I see?
I found the "deal" by google shopping but the kicker is shipping is $6.95 and tax is 1.92 added to the 21.95 making it cost over $30 and on top of it all the light is listed as as twisty.

Latest posts