What's up with "scalping" arc AAA's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Enlightened
Re: What\'s up with \"scalping\" arc AAA\'s???

125.00? Is shipping additional? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

I call dibs! PayPal waiting Darell!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Darell:

Do these have the intermittent issues? If so, I'm next in line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

What you're predicting is NOT true (at least not based on your statements). I predict that there will be plenty of ARC lights. You sure have a lot to say about ARC for someone who doesn't even own one of their lights.

Do you believe everything that you read on the internet?

I guess time will tell which of us is right. I'm not a betting man (never even bought a lottery ticket), but, I'll put my money on ARC.

Negeltu

Enlightened

HEY... I don't own an arc and I have PLENTY to say about them... The main thing is... I WANT ONE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike75

Newly Enlightened

People, what the hell is wrong with you? In month or so you'll have lots of ARC AAAs to buy and noone will even remember that there was any problem getting them. Anyway, paying 60 or even 40 bucks for regular arc AAA seems pretty stupid if you ask me.You can get Pelican M6 LED for the same amount and it is one fine flashlight. Better take the Infinity if you have to buy something now and wait for ARC AAAs to become available. This way you'll be covered from all directions and after all this is over - you'll have Infinity AND ARC AAA for the same price you'll pay now for ARC only. A little bit of common sense...
Of course, for me it's easy to talk - I've got 3 AAAs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

regularguy

Newly Enlightened

Mike75,

The one Ray bid on was the older style lettering which Arc will never make again.

I'm sure he can wait for the newer style. Which will hopefully sell for not to much over $22.00 when Peter gets things rollin again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I find it amusing too. I remember when there was the controversy of CC selling them for $15 which sparked quite a few debates here in CPF. Some people said the light was worth $15 to them but not $25. Now that they are not available, the retail price of $25 is looking pretty cheap now. For myself, unlike the many luxeon's on the market, there is simply not another single AAA light that can replace it on my keychain so my only spare is priceless.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

TIN (Ray) is a very sharp and astute Flashaholic. Many of us here have been the beneficiaries of his knowledge, ability and generosity.

As already mentioned, the Arc AAA with circumferential lettering (pre-Gaglight settlement) is pretty uncommon nowadays. I didn't bid on that light because I didn't want to bid against TIN.

In the late 1980s I bought six M1896 Swedish Mausers in unfired condition. I paid $55 each. Three have gone to my sons and I sold the other three last year for $775.00 each.

When something strikes a collector's fancy, economy becomes a secondary consideration.

Peter Gransee of Arc is very resourceful and determined and I'm betting the various Arcs will be readily available in the near future. Even though they'll have the long axis body lettering ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif),

I'm gonna be buying Arc AAAs for the next few years as gifts. Every one I've given them to loves them and still have them hanging from their key rings a year later.

But, I wish I had bought just one more of those old style AAAs and kept it in its package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

To think I had one and used it for a knife trade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh well, I'm sure the new owner is using it.
I like my AA better anyways.

Blades

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened

Man, I remember the good 'ol days of the price wars, too!! I ended up picking up 2 AAAs for $12 each new. And those were the old inscription style...I love those best. I would almost pay more for the old style if it was still made...

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay, well like i said "scalping" was probably not the best choice of words, but im sure you get what im saying.

so far im not convinced on this whole "rare item" stuff. there are alot more rare items/flashlights than the arc AAA. i mean what about the colored Arc AAA's that are selling for far cheaper and there's a RGB on B/S/T right now for a fair price............

C

CountyComm

Well we still have some But.

we are only selling them out of the office to a few people for now, but are not going to put them up on the forum again.We took a lot of critisim over this issue and do not want to be part of buisness gone south...We have been made refrence to these acusations once before ...By one young man. " Note the Arcs that we have in stock are for walk in customers only...Thanks Nick

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Well we still have some But.

[ QUOTE ]
[email protected] said:
we are only selling them out of the office to a few people for now, but are not going to put them up on the forum again.We took a lot of critisim over this issue and do not want to be part of buisness gone south...We have been made refrence to these acusations once before ...By one young man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Nick,

im certainly not criticizing your company. im talking about people jacking the price up on these lights. if it weren't for you guys, i might not have the Arc AAA white/natural i have today. thnx again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

C

CountyComm

Thanks 4x4 ...I was referring to another post from long ago during the "Great Arc Tribulation"

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought a fistfull of Arc AAAs from CountyComm last May/June. Most of the lights I gave away were from CC.

Those were the days, alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Britt

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Peter Gransee of Arc is very resourceful and determined and I'm betting the various Arcs will be readily available in the near future. Even though they'll have the long axis body lettering ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif),

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Britt:
I may be wrong, but the most recent run of AAAs had the lettering *back* around the head, not on the long axis. They also only said ARC, or something to that effect. I don't have one of those, as I only have a long-axis-lettering ARC. I'm sure someone who has one will probably chime in.

So hopefully, for future runs, they won't have the dang ugly (IMO) long-axis lettering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be great, thanks Prolepsis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Capitalism can be an ugly, distasteful thing...

Ticket scalpers are a consequence of the system. They buy their tickets early, wait for the show to sell out (which they usually do, since concert tickets are usually underpriced so that it will sell out), then supply the market when the lack of supply drives up prices.

While hated, scalpers perform a service - supplying tickets after the event has sold out.

Economic inefficiencies are what allow people to make a living. I'm sure numerous people have benefitted from sellers taking a loss on items in B/S/T, but that's the seller's perogative - CPF "goodwill" or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.