When do you not EDC a light?

roguesw

Enlightened
Does having a light in a bag but not having a light on your body per se count as edc?
I would have to go with most members, when i am unclothed, i dont have an edc, tried edcing my pr-t on a neck lanyard but found it uncomfortable
around the apartment, i have several lights spaced out so they are within easy reach.
My apartment amp rating is rather low, when i have several high current devices on like the aircon and all the lights on, it will trip the breaker.
Several times this has happened and having lights close to my helps.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
Only in the Shower and when I'm in bed. Although I do keep a Q-3 on the sink next to my toothbrush. I also have many lights on the nightstand beside my bed. Lets make a list.

1. 1 ARC AAA-P on a neck lanyard, hanging on a small hook next to the bed.
2. 4 Mini-mags (2 Opalec, 2 Ministar 2s)
3. 2 EL XM-3s
4. 2 AngleLux (1 Everled installed, 1 EL 3 watt)
5. 1 ARC AA
6. 1 PT EOS under the nightstand, just in case
7. 2 ARC LSs ( 1 LS-1, 1 LSH-ST)

That pretty much covers it. Thats not overkill is it, nah.

Happy Dark Trails

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
:crackup:
mossyoak said:
ok i always have on my arc aaa never laeves my neck i havea question i went on a one nght sortie i brought 6 lights it was to mobile, ala i used to of them the whole time but i just dont feel safe without a few light but 6 ? maybei need help

I hate to tell you how many lights I keep in the car :ohgeez:
If you need help, I need to be committed ! :candle:

Flakey

Enlightened
when im in the shower i dont carry a light, most other places... yeah i got my u2 or somthing bigger!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Either arc AAA or Fenix L0P around neck...not showering,bathing,swimming,getting weighed (I'm with you wuyeah!!) or engaging in luuuurve!!!!! (There are things you can use for the latter but that's definately off topic and not for the faint hearted!!)

P.S. How can you not carry a light on the beach???? That's what dive lights are made for! - even in daylight, the Sky may darken, a storm may whip up, you may fall into an underground cavern, you may want to explore some caves, the sun may go out...enough!! I need help!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlexGT said:
What!!!!! you dont carry a flashlight to the shower???? You noobs!!!!! LOL!!!!!:lolsign: :nana:

I sometimes (once a week) take a shower with all the lights off and only my flashlight lighting the shower, weird experience if you havent tried it. good time to wash my EDC.

I have been doing that daily for the past 2 years:)

Alan

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Since I got my ARC AAA, I have a neck light on me everywhere except in bed or in the shower, but it's within a couple of feet. Outdoors, I will have some kind of Surefire on my belt or in my pocket.

I recently went on a NATO excercise, and the outdoor portable toilet and shower blocks were lacking in lighting (the toilets had none, the showers sometimes had none), so yes, I have showered by torchlight (Jil CR2 DD, if I remember).

prof

Enlightened
Arc AAA-P on keyring, keyring is almost always in pocket. I may or may not have others handy, depending on what I'm doing. There's always 1 or more in the car or in my bag. Sometimes I carry a second or third light but not often anymore--too much junk in the pockets.

I don't carry a light in the shower, but do have several by the bed (not in the bed, just beside the bed).

tron3

Banned
ScottyJ said:
As long as I have pants on, my HDS is in my pocket, <snip>....with exception of showertime.

Great minds think alike. Fenix L0P is ALWAYS in my pocket, even if the L1P or QIII is on my belt.

When I go downstairs to watch tv, or something, I bring the L0P in case the lights go out. After all, that 10 - 12 second blackout I had Friday is just a reminder that power can go out at ANY TIME. Even if the weather is good.

No light with me here: :toilet: Unless I have pants on with my L0P
No light in the shower.
No light in bed, although one is magnetized to my bed frame. :)
Definately no light in a cavity check. :huh:

Last edited:

secamp32

Newly Enlightened
I don't carry one when I'm in the house. I think I could find my way in the dark to one of the many lights scattered around the house. I alway carry one whenever I leave the house. Even at the beach or pool I have a small light in a waterproof otter box.

tron3

Banned
Alan said:
I have been doing that daily for the past 2 years:)

Alan
Showering with lights IN the shower? :wtf:
The more I learn about you guys, the more frightned I become. :sweat:

Wouldn't shower in a public shower with you guys unless I had soap on a rope.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have showered with every light I've bought since joining CPF. (I've got to test the runtime somehow) and at sometime during my runtime test I usually take a shower.

I was once in a hot tub with several coeds and I was over dressed as I was wearing only an Arc AAA on a lanyard.

OTOH, I don't carry a light when I mow the lawn or do other lawn work. The sun is out after all.

Chris201W

Enlightened
When I'm at home with my pajamas on I usually don't have a light, though I try to remember to slip an Arc-AAA into the pocket. Also, when I'm doing any physical activity, which is basically limited to gym class, I don't have a light on me. Wouldn't feel too good to get decked in an out-of-control game of flag football with an E2D in the pocket...ouch!

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I will not carry a light with me when I go in to a retail store to look for a new flashlight.

I don't want to hear those words as I'm walking out the door: "Hey buddy...you gonna pay for that?"

Or worse yet, sirens blaring and lights flashing as the exit doors slam and lock.

Of course that won't happen without the little DR chip in the box. Or will it?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Wow, the things that searching random words gets you. This is a very interesting topic. Strange that it was left to pick up dust for almost 20 years.

Other than the shower, I practically always have a torch on me. Not feeling the weight of one in my pocket makes me feel naked. I used to have a 1xAAA minilight clipped to my shirt while I slept, but after so many times of it getting unclipped and either getting lost or waking me up by poking into my ribs, I've given up on those; now I keep an S2+ with a diffuser by my bedside. A nice and compact abajour, if you will.

For when out and about, I only don't EDC when I forget mine :stupid: To not carry one intentionally, only scenario I can imagine is the flashaholic working right by a source of heavy magnetic force like an MRI scanner.

Who among us has any interesting answers?