When will we ever stop buying Flashlights

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
everytime i buy a new one.
but not even i take that seriously!
i have a better chance of carring out a new years resolution that stop buyin flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

chiN

Newly Enlightened
Buying lights is like feeding fuel to the fire.
It just makes me want more and I buy more.
Even if the lights just sit there and collect dust.

Brightstar

Newly Enlightened
Graemlins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
I always say that I will never buy another
flashlight, until I visit CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the answer,
I was working on my nFlex/WX1S 8AA Mag mod today at lunch and a coworker approached me spouting "Another F'n flashlight"!? My answer was "No, it is not a flashlight...it is a bicycle frame mounted, variable intensity, Luxeon LED lighting system housed inside the shell of a flashlight for stealth abilities" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
My two BB500 R2H minimags are "Bicycle helmet mount, Luxeon LED lighting systems" (one on the helmet, the other as backup) My four most powerful lights are actually used for bicycle lighting so life is good.
My boys use the Anglelux for camping and as an emergency light so it is not "mine". That leaves a couple of Arc AA lights for reading and Peak AA red LED lights for blackout lights for my desert trips or "deployment lights". The MicroIlluminator fits in the Leatherman Charge Ti pouch pocket so it is classified as a "tool".
If you classify them as they are used, I only have ONE flashlight... the Arc AAA on my keychain. I am not a flashaholic, I only have one of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait till you experience 200+ lumens..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The U2 WAS supposed to be the last light I'd ever need. It's probably the last LED (till LumiLEDs manages to double output) I'll need, but I caught the hot wire bug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

Robban

Enlightened
Oh crap... I just dumped some cash for an Arc AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I suck.

But... you're not a true flashaholic untill you own one of them bad boys, right? RIGHT!?

Each and everyone of you owes me money, you know that right? You're the reason my money is fading away.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only time I stop buying flashlights is when I go to sleep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
Still looking for a L2 type light that takes a Pila rechargable battery. When it comes out I may quit buying.