Where can I buy a L2D Premium Q5 Head ?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Eagletac P10A2 has a A800 driver and did read on a thread (can't find it) that the batteries where driven very hard on HIGH (>2 amps). I think all give the mod a try.

I don't think all need to flood the beam with the MC-E. It's already floodier than other pills. BTW, I don't think the scotch tape would survive long with that amount of light :D.

The eagletac might draw a very high current from the batteries, but it won't be putting 2A+ to the emitter due to the nature of a boost driver. You'd probably be wanting to draw 4A+ from the batteries to put 2.8A to the emitter, which quite honestly, isn't going to happen unless you use high draw AA's (can't remember their name right now...). However, underdriving the MC-E isn't a bad thing; you get better efficiency and less heat.

As for the scotch tape, more flood is a side effect; you're trying to avoid a beam that looks fugly, as can happen with a multi die emitter and small reflector. Since LED's put very little heat "out the front" (unlike incans) the scotch tape should hold up fine.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean every pics I posted will disappear if I cancel my imageshack acount?

Yes, but the account is free (I use Photobucket which is also free), so there should be no real need to cancel it.

NightTime

Newly Enlightened
how are you with modding? You could open it up and put in an R2 :D

Thanks everyone for helping me find a new L2D head. I finally decide to try a mod. I bought a MC-E Cree emitter and some Artic Silver Alumina Thermal Adhesive and went on for my first mod. The result? It works! I repaired my L2D. The brightness is the same as before, but it is obviously floodier now. I wish I'll get better runtimes. I'll test that in the near future. I posted a detailed thread about how I did the mod. For those curious about it, follow the link:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/220322

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers