Where have all you gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
Quality and finish is unbeatable compared to all other keychain sized lights.

I abandoned my AAA-P for this:

image-upload-3-797043.jpg

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light Jim...but not the usual Chinese stuff with dodgy HAIII, horrible UI and generally inferior quality is it?

What sort of emitter have you got in there?

CFU

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice classic Arc there GL...
thumbsup.gif

Just scored a second Arc-LE (for modding purposes) myself.

May not be able to get a Cree in there, but a nice emitter and a cut & polished reflector with 2-stage capability and I'll be all set.
buttrock.gif

CFU

prof

Enlightened
still here, use it all the time.

From past experience, I do not want to be on the "bleeding edge"--I want a light that works when I need it. My arc does that.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have my Arc AAA-P with me. Its the second thing I grab in the morning (the first is my wedding ring). I use it every day. I even have one stashed at work just incase. I travel a lot for work so when I'm staying in a strange hotel room I always have mine zipped up in the pocket of my shorts when sleeping. You know, when something works well, why change?

On any given day I have my Arc AAA-P in my pocket, and whatever I have in my backpack (currently a Tikka headlamp, 6P Kit, and a blue Glotoob kit). I'm a creature of habit!

I'm going to order another premium and standard and they should last me for the rest of my life!

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Uh, been using mine for years now. My old aaa is pretty beat to hell, but still works fine. Finally got a new version aaa-P and am very happy with in on my keychain. Still have my LSH-S, AA's and grey kit. Always been an ARC fan, always will be.

Catapult

Enlightened
I used to EDC my Arc AAA LE, but ever since Arc went out of business, I retired it. I was saddened by the news that the manufacturer of my favorite light was gone, and afraid that if I ever lose it, I will never be able to replace it. The new production Arc AAA's don't strike the same chord. Although my Arc AAA LE had the dimmest LED of the other lights in its class (I had bad luck), none had the form factor that was as desirable. I tried EDCing the CMG "Sonic G", but that didn't cut it. I have not found a suitable replacement since.

setherd

Newly Enlightened
I still use mine on my keys

99% Of the time I just need to light my path or find a keyhole. and the Arc does that fine :)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Draco around the neck is my most used light now. I passed on a lot of small lights except the ORB RAW. The Draco more than met criteria and expectations. My old ARC AAA is still on my keychain. If it gets replaced it will be by a second Draco. I say that but it might be a real challenge for me to actually remove that old ARC AAA. It never failed, flickered or faltered. If all of my equipment were as reliable as that ARC I wouldn't have to replace much. If Gransee designed a truck I would buy one.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A black-HA Arc AAA is the only light I truely EDC. It's clipped to my person any time I step out of my home. Any other lights I may have are for play or convenience; the Arc AAA is the one that will get me out of a dark tunnel or stairwell.

nightshade

Enlightened
Don't visit here much anymore. Arc AAA is still a smart tool for the average, low maintenance user. I carry a "old" Arc AAA L.E.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
My AAA-P holds its place of honor on my keychain.
It does its job without peer, and will be handed on to a family member when Peter comes out with a better version.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
Am I the only one who still has one standing strong?

I still love my Arcs. Still have one on the keys, and still have a moderate collection - maybe 20 AAA's, 5 AA's (including my beloved lug AA), and half a dozen or so LS's and a 4+. I'll buy more when I see one that suits me. Arc is what got me addicted.

But as the whats-its-name band says, "time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future . . . " I know that PG has basically a one-man operation, but Arc needs some Crees or Seouls, an AA, and an LS or three to keep pace with the competition. I've spent a lot of coinage at the Fenix store that would have gone to Arc if the shelves weren't bare.

cheers

nightshade

Enlightened
In my open minded case, it's the threads that keep on slippin' with the Fenix products. Of three items I have purchased,two went back for bad threads. It's ok though, all three were dirt cheap and the customer service is pretty good for a foreign manufacturer.Thank goodness for the English speaking representatives.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Still have the ARC AAA-P, battered, on my key chain.

Always works. Could use a foam insert and a new battery tube, but...eh. Maybe for the clean one that is stashed away.

For work though, I EDC the Carribean when I can.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see you're all here.

I just received my second ARC AAA-P with a lithium battery.
This one seems a bit brighter than The one I have on my Keychain.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the *several* flashlights that I have, I still use my Arc AAA`s the most. I have 4 or 5 of them in active use, ans well as *a bunch* that are mint and being held in reserve. :p

I still EDC a couple for the fun of it (one new version and one red-HA CPF version), and almost exclusively use them while sitting at my computer at night with the lights off. (Nothing like typing on the keyboard with the Arc AAA held in your mouth!) :)

Long live Arc!

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.