Where to get a good deal on genuine Eneloops?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, it is time to order some more Eneloops at SOL MAN's house. I usually order through Jeff Bezos, but it is my impression that his site seems to have a lot of shenanigans on it, and I don't want to get scammed. Where is a good place to order Eneloops from that I am sure to get the real deal, at a decent price, without too much shipping charge, in the USA?

tradesman

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered laddas from ikea. 2.50 each about half the price of Amazon for eneloops. Supposedly made in same factory in Japan. Hopefully…

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'd go for the Eneloops masquerading as LADDAs, over at IKEA.
No more CPF discount at Battery Junction. But still a good source.
I once found Eneloops for sale at my local Rite-Aid.
Might be worth stopping by and having a look.

Back in the day, if you bought rechargeable Duracell batteries they came in two flavors. White tops, and Black tops. The black were garbage. Not worth it. (Of course my dad had a bunch of those about a decade before he passed.) China junk. The White were Eneloops with a thin Duracell wrapper on them. Usually priced less than their non-wrapped identical twins.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Ikea or Rite-Aid in my area, as far as I know.

My local Walmart Super Center sells Eneloops, I think. How is Walmart on price? My Walmart Super Center is clear across town and I very seldom shop there anymore.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No Ikea or Rite-Aid in my area, as far as I know.

My local Walmart Super Center sells Eneloops, I think. How is Walmart on price? My Walmart Super Center is clear across town and I very seldom shop there anymore.
I've found that some Wal-Marts vary in price on certain things, region to region. Not sure if that covers batteries though. Best bet, call ahead to see if yours has Eneloops in stock before driving down there. Been there, done that numerous times with other Big Name stores. Wasted both my time and gas only to discover the item is either online exclusive, or the staff at that Brick & Mortar location sucks at doing proper inventory. And, no longer have the item in stock. Happened to me a few too many times. Other than food, gas, meds., and clothing; I now shop exclusively online. Wait a few days at most, get what you want.

Just had a quick look on IKEA's website. Can't post a link because I don't want to be accused of promoting a non-sponsor business on CPF. But can say that if you scroll down a bit after putting "LADDA batteries" into their Search feature, AAAs are $7.50 while AAs are $8.oo (Four pack each, without a charger. Though if you want a charger, they have those too.)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do not need to have an ikea store by you, just order them online. i have few ikeas around me, i did not go in the store for laddas i ordered them online, they even gave me an option to pick a delivery date, thou it may be a regional thing,

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip on the Ladeedas or whatever, :crackup: but, buying a Japanese battery from a Swedish multinational conglomerate, just bugs me too much. I think I'll try to stick with either Battery Junction or Walmart. Bad enough I have to buy foreign to get a good rechargeable battery...grumble, grumble...I think I'll try to stick to a USA based retailer. ☹️

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why even bother buying some import junk anyway, buy an American made batteries.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy Made in USA as much as possible. Tell me, what US company makes rechargeable flashlight batteries in the USA?
Exactly my point, none, we can't make a quality rechargeable consumer cells in USA nor we can even sell imports for affordable price, it takes a Japanese manufacturer, and Swedish furniture store to bring them to US customer. Now, THAT is what really bugs me. How did we get there?