Which in your arsenal is your least used, and why?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My truly unused lights include a few cheap incandescents that I had for years, before I started seriously paying attention to flashlights. Aside from those, I really don't use my Streamlight Twin-Task 3C, even though I think that it's a great flashlight. I will probably use it if there is a power failure or if I need to walk through the woods at night. For everyday tasks, it's too big.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, I forgot I still have a Mag 3D. I've had it forever and last spring put a borofloat glass lens in it. Haven't touched it since.

BC

chumley

Enlightened
I bought my first led flashlight a year ago, a PT Impact. I used it for a couple of months. The beam is too narrow and too weak. I have a 3D Mag that I don't even want to spend $2.00 to get a new bulb.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That dubious distinction belongs to my Surefire 12ZM with the 3" reflector. It literally resides on my nightstand. I have only used this ONCE since 1997. Strong winds blew over my patio furniture one night. I deployed it along with the Les Baer that evening. I change batteries every month.

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
I had a Mag 3D lying around from my pre-CPF days. Yesterday, I gave it a R2H transplant. Its now got a nice white beam to it and is around the same brightness as the incandescent bulb it replaced. It's purpose now will be for use during power outages where long runtime is needed.

rlhess

Enlightened
I should add, that I don't use much--but it's intentional--three 4-D fluorescent lanterns.

They are great area lights during power failures and run ten or more hours on a set of batteries.

They were bought not to use <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maglight 4D and lately my Stealthlight (Beam is just to narrow) I keep it because I need a flashlight rated for hazardous environments.

GregR

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My SureFire lights, G2, standard 6P, 9P, KL1, E2. All use 123's and have short runtimes except KL1. Would use KL1 more if it was modded. Mostly use MM, MM+'s, and EL Tri-Star, sometilmes use Arc LS1, LSH-P modded. Would use EL Blaster VI if 3 to D's had lower resistance. Use my SL 35X every so often; awesome light. Just a few of my lights.

Bill

Lara

Newly Enlightened
Inova X5T, for the same reasons as oldeng95, other lights are smaller/brighter/regulated. I guess it's inevitable that we'll all end up with lights we don't use anymore.

B@rt

Flashaholic
My least used light would be the Goncz M-3... Fired up once to see if it worked, and not used since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (Not likely to either, I wasn't fond of the beam...)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I have the usual plastic Everready and 2D Mag Lites hanging around along with a couple of 6V lanterns in the garage.

My least used high tech light is the ElecktroLumens Blaster #01. I show it off from time to time, but it's main service is to look pretty on the mantle.

I have a couple of special use lights that get little use as well: the Inretech Super 6 and the SureFire M1.

Tom

AlecGold

Enlightened
My 6D M@G.
It's a bad light, weights way to much, bad throw, bad beam with rings and irregular spots everywhere.
basicly it is not completly true, because I gave it away, I didn't dare to sell it.
The light I still have and nearly never use is a uke 2AA, it is an average light but it is stored in my car and therefore hardly used. Whenever I need a light, there always happen to be several surefires around. And whit a SF around I don't have to think which light I have to use.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Mostly my Mag 2 Cell lights which share as little use as my SL3C polymer.

When I first bought my Mags, and I have lots, they were the bees knees of flashlight design. However, time moves on and they are now relegated to occasional use. My son and wife use a 3D cell for feeding the dog at night and I quite often use one of my 2 Opalec modded MiniMags for walks at night. The SL3C just doesnt get used....great torch, crappy beam. My favourite lights and EDC's are a G2z and an Ultra Infinity.

Doug

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Well JEEZ! Doesn't it go without saying that 2D M*gs are not used much?

However... Put three 123A and a 5 cell bulb in one... (sure, it ain't as elegant as a 2C) and get a pretty darn awesome light. Be sure to use Writeright or Acrylite to fix the nasty beam!

charliek

Enlightened
Re: Which in your arsenal is your least used, and

[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:

However... Put three 123A and a 5 cell bulb in one... (sure, it ain't as elegant as a 2C) and get a pretty darn awesome light. Be sure to use Writeright or Acrylite to fix the nasty beam!

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't steer me wrong with the TT2L.... I trust you on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What did you use to make the 123a -> D cell adapter?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

two 6 volt lantern battery powered lanterns. use them for camping and as aux lighting for blackouts.I check the batteries on a 90 day basis or there abouts. 6 volt lanterns burn for ever,hmmm lets see cluster LEDs with a diffuser= even longer runtimes

drizzle

Enlightened

Mini-Maglite AAA
It actually is perfect for what I bought it for: an illuminator for a used microscope. It fits the bracket for the original illuminator and gives a bright beam. I just don't use the microscope much.

BTW, this reminded me to take it out and check the batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Surefire 12-ZM w/ HOLA because of the runtime. It gets a call to light something up every now and then or when someone wants to see a bright light, but other than that it's on standby.

Also my stock 3D mag because I haven't had time to add any mods yet.

-Mike

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
charliek said:
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't steer me wrong with the TT2L.... I trust you on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What did you use to make the 123a -> D cell adapter?

[/ QUOTE ]

One Inch PVC pipe makes D to C. Three-Quarter Inch CPVC with a wrap of duct tape on either end gets C to 123. 3x123 leaves a lot of room left over. I have one 2D that has 3x123+1AA Lith with some aluminum foil balled up to be the negative connection. It is QUITE bright, but I always expect the bulb to blow.

In another light, I use a round head 1/4 bolt, with a nut and then a washer just sticking out of the pipe. I hope you can get a mental image from that. The washer is big enough so the stock spring contacts it. I would actually cut the inner pipe maybe 1/2 " shorter (if I already didn't have a pipe cut like I did).

It makes the light quite lite. Again it isn't as elequent as a 2C, but does make a 2D usefull.

As a general rule (to stay on topic) lights that have tiny little pencil beams (SL 2AA, Eveready floating 2AA, Eveready Contractor 2AA) are the lights I almost never pick up.

Latest posts