Which lights do bugs like best?

superflytnt

Enlightened
What would I do without you MD? Always there to correct my confused thinking...................thanks again buddy!

It looks to me, though, that the second spectrum just didn't go down as far in intensity. My other understanding, wrong I'm sure, is that the yellow core and silver core Cree's use identical chips and have the same spectrum. Maybe Craig changed his settings in-between the two?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
superflytnt -

I don't think that "almost perfectly monochromatic" was an accurate description. More like it heavily peaks making it virtually monochromatic to human vision. "No UV" was incorrect. Your premise seems to be plausible indeed. After all we are talking bugs not humans. It is thought that some bugs use UV or NUV to identify flowers so maybe just a little UV or NUV light will attract them.

I did not know that XR-Es were using RB as the base. It's good that we have folks like Marduke around to keep things accurate. Next time I'm out I'll take a look at how bugs react to RB. If my distant memory is correct I believe they like it.