Which little light?? - sorry if inappropriate

lukebacon

Newly Enlightened
1Sorry to return to this post, but, with the instructions that come with the torch, it suggests not to use 3.7v rechargeables like the ones I ordered from lighthound. Should I be worried?? (has anyone had any experience with problems from this, other than theoretically voiding the warranty??)

lukebacon

Newly Enlightened
Glad to hear it-just thought I'd check so as not to break my lovely little light straight away!!

Thanks again...

Abouna

Newly Enlightened
Re: Which little light??

Somy Nex said:
Within your price point, perhaps a Jetbeam MKII/LiteFlux/Fenix LxT would be good. With a 3v input most of these will give you LuxIII brightness, and, in a pinch, LuxI brightness on an easily available 1.5vAA. they all have their strenghts and weaknesses and flashlightreviews.com has all of them reviewed i believe.

If you want to go for a higher price point, apart from the FF3, you could also consider the Jil Intelli, which uses the same flupic module as the FF3. Using a smaller battery, it is smaller than the FF3, but will have a lower high, and less runtime than the FF3. However if you don't need a scorcher (it isn't that much dimmer than the FF3 and scorching is best left to bigger lights anyway) and if you don't need very long runtimes, then it is a very good choice. It's got a very small footprint, and has a very tough, high quality finish. It also has a variety of battery tubes you can use different types/sizes of batteries with. I would also trust it to be more waterproof than the FF3.

Jil Intelli 2nd from left. click on pic for larger.

you can check out beamshots in the corridor link on my sigline. i was going to take bike shot pics of the Jil over last weekend but did not manage to. maybe next weekend.

Nice pic and corridor beam shots. Did I miss it or is there no beamshot from the Orb (which w is it?)?

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Re: Which little light??

Abouna said:
Nice pic and corridor beam shots. Did I miss it or is there no beamshot from the Orb (which w is it?)?

hi Abouna =)

sorry for the late reply, just got back (literally) from vacation. here's the link for the Raw NS corridor beamshot: http://www.pbase.com/somynex/image/64304104

i know the gallery could do with some reorganizing but it'll be some doing and i'm a bit lazy right now =P =)