Which surefire to buy next?

Mercaptan

Enlightened
So does anyone know what models of Surefires one can expect Gander Mountain to have?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
With 40% off id buy the m6 that would end up costing you about $250 than sell it here for say $300 than with that money you could buy 2 surefires that you want:)

MstrHnky

Enlightened
So does anyone know what models of Surefires one can expect Gander Mountain to have?

i saw him today and said they had ~15 models. some upwards of $250. he is going to call me tomorrow with specific models available, but i'll probably end up buying an L1. he told me his discount is at least 20%, but may be able to get a little bit more. it will still end up being a good deal.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I surely wouldn't let a discount like that get away. Hurry, Run, Buy an L1 Cree, L4, U2, and a couple 6PL's before your friend decides it's time for a new job or gets fired! With that kind of discount you should be able to sell the ones you don't want and not take any loss. Revised-----OOPS just seen you revised your discount from 40% to 20%. That is a huge difference. Might want to drop one of the 6Pl's off my list.

Last edited:

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I called the Gander Mountain near me... (hah, 40 miles away) and they said they had a few models, something like 8 - including the 9P, Executive models of various kinds (E2D defender among them), and G2/6P variations.

I'll have to stop by later tomorrow after I finish my final in physiology. Yuck. :green:

Anyway, I need to come up with something for the lady friend to buy me for Christmas... a Surefire seems like a good deal to me.

idiotekniQues

Newly Enlightened
I called the Gander Mountain near me... (hah, 40 miles away) and they said they had a few models, something like 8 - including the 9P, Executive models of various kinds (E2D defender among them), and G2/6P variations.

I'll have to stop by later tomorrow after I finish my final in physiology. Yuck. :green:

Anyway, I need to come up with something for the lady friend to buy me for Christmas... a Surefire seems like a good deal to me.

i put an e2L cree on my list to my lady :)

CrazyCarl

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at the E1L, E2l, or L1 as my first Surefire LED.

The L1 and L2 both have a cool 2-level button. Push halfway for low power, all the way for full power. Two levels, but no goofy multi-clicking to select them. The only thing I don't like about the L2 is it is 6.2" long, which is just too long for me as a pocketable flashlight.

But I might just go for the E2L. If I need a low-power flashlight for extended use, I can't seriously claim I won't still be carrying a AAA Fenix or something similar.

The E1L is officially still in the race for its small size (and price), but I feel like a mere 30 lumens is not "cool" enough. :) 30 lumens is probably as much as I will ever really need, but I am not buying a $80+ flashlight for practicality.