Who else is interested in coins?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: Who else is interested in coins?I

I wasn't really watching Ebay for long, but what you say is true. The lower tier coins are indeed quite reasonable. Really nice Lincoln pennies, Roosevelt dimes, Jefferson nickles and Washington quarters can be had very reasonably.

It's getting nice examples of the second, third etc, tier coins that gets kind of pricey! Try to buy an XF or better Standing Liberty quarter!

When I was completing a mirror image of a "20th Century Type Coin" set with the Reverses showing, a few of the coins were pretty pricey back in the 80's! That said, I have some DAMN mice coins in those two sets!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Rats!

I wasn't ever really noticing the State Quarters.

Then I saw VERY clean 2005 California... and very nice Texas... and I am doomed!

At least they only cost a quarter each....

Jefff

Enlightened

I have almost a complete set of indian head pennies.. 4 books im missing about 6 and probally will never get the complete set seeing that the ones im needing are worth more than I will have to pay lol .. I also have several misc coins from around the world..square ones and a 5 dollar silver chalenger space shuttle coin..

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Oh BABY!

The 2005 Nickle "Bison" coin!

I can't believe how they screwed up the obverse. What face is that supposed to be?

But that Bison is AWESOME!!!

Wonder what's in store for the dime or penny?

spock

Enlightened

hello, i don't collect anymore, but have about 9 old silver dollars and some silver coins. true story next: worked in an auto center in a mall in spfld, oh.. the Kennedy halves were just coming out and each bank would give you two. don't remember the year. my customer went over to spfld bank to get his two. he came back really happy! the clerk dropped his two coins on the ledge. too late, they belonged to the customer. one coin was stamped with a perfect "head" on BOTH sides. i held this coin and sweated. needless to say, it was not for sale. i do not know what it could be worth.