i love the dark!!!!! anyone else?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Like the dark too & cooler temps, winter can be difficult, but at least I'm not hot.
..in summer where I couldn't sleep because it was stupid hot and it's getting light at 4:32am,, m*!&**(+!#)*^^er

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cooler is way better in summer there are days i wont even go outside so hot. no matter how cold it gets you can always bundle up in some flannel or a coat . but when its hot your just out of luck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o when i sleep it must be pitch dark ........... hate the stupid street light accross the way even had to get better blinds

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I like the dark too, and was always a night person. Being a musician for many years solidified it even more, getting home at 4:30 in the morning.

I really liked the pre-China Virus days when our local grocery stores and Walmart stores stayed open for 24 hours. My girlfriend at the time, also a musician and a night person, and I enjoyed jumping in the truck and doing a Walmart or grocery store trip at 2 or 3 AM. No crowds to fight, no lines to wait in. Kinda weird how the stores never went back to 24 hours, not around here anyways.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
omg i miss 24 hour stores id be there like 3 am. now i get there at 6 am for real i get there as they open and im in and out lol. and i have to recall its not the same time zone at walmart

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
As long as I have access to a light source, I love the dark to bits. Ever since I first purchased a set of blackout curtains, I can only sleep in a very dark room or if I have very dark eye covers. even during waking hours, sometimes it's just nice to disable my sight and rely on other senses. It's a different experience and relieves any eye strain I may be feeling.

Unfortunately for me, I'm on the southern hemisphere, so nighttime at this time of year is preciously scarce. Especially bad this year with El Niño, we've been having heat wave after heat wave with none of the season's typical rainstorms (and consequent power outages) in sight, so no severely overcast days that justify flashlight usage.

PewPewPew

Newly Enlightened
I don't like having artificial lights in the background when I go to sleep. I've slept enough when it's light out that sleeping in the dark is a nice luxury for me. It's also natural. We didn't have light at night unless it was firelight or candle light for the last couple thousands of years. (Unless you live by the Northern Lights.) Bright light at night is unnatural and works against our bodies sleep patterns and messes up our hormones, tricking it into thinking we're living in a perpetual autumn, which floods your body with ghrelin and cortisol (to name a few) which make you gain fat and slow down your metabolism.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like having artificial lights in the background when I go to sleep. I've slept enough when it's light out that sleeping in the dark is a nice luxury for me. It's also natural. We didn't have light at night unless it was firelight or candle light for the last couple thousands of years. (Unless you live by the Northern Lights.) Bright light at night is unnatural and works against our bodies sleep patterns and messes up our hormones, tricking it into thinking we're living in a perpetual autumn, which floods your body with ghrelin and cortisol (to name a few) which make you gain fat and slow down your metabolism.
Thank you. Now I have an excuse for being fat. It's Monocrom's fault, for shining his flashlight in my windows. Oooooh, someone is in trouble with my missus! You better run fasssst, Monocrom! :p:crackup:

PewPewPew

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. Now I have an excuse for being fat. It's Monocrom's fault, for shining his flashlight in my windows. Oooooh, someone is in trouble with my missus! You better run fasssst, Monocrom! :p:crackup:
Being overweight affects your sleep negatively, and having bad sleep affects your weight. It's a vicious cycle. Pretty much only thing to fix it is starve yourself until your body converts it all into fuel. World record fast was a guy that went over 1 year without eating. https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/78789-longest-survival-without-food

TPA

Enlightened
Dark but also dim! At my condo, practically every single light in the place was on a dimmer. I've done the same with my temporary home. Unless I'm working / studying / cleaning, the lights are dimmed way down.

Growing up, I had taken over the den. I put mini-rail-lights inside the built-in bookshelves, installed track lighting, and had oversized track fixtures with tiny pin-spots in them. Light a few candles and it felt like the room was entirely being lit by candlelight. Absolutely heavenly and peaceful. Somehow that room also had amazing acoustics despite having one entire wall mirrored, the other with a very large window. With a quality 2-channel system, the sound staging was good enough that people thought I had surround speakers in the room.

Also, a huge thank you(!) to whoever stayed at the suite in the Westin I was just at -- the smoke detectors all had black electrical tape over their LEDs.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
Darkness, my old friend (fedora-tip to S&G)…

I suspect most people do not fear literal darkness, but that in that darkness they might glimpse their own darkness within, and it frightens them.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
— Sarah Williams

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Our mind plays tricks on us.... or are there demons that can only be seen in certain ways? Stare at your reflection in the mirror long enough, and what stares back at you becomes an angry demonic, twisted version of yourself. (BTW, don't do this. It might take half an hour. Maybe more, maybe less. But your image will change.)

Our mind plays tricks on us.... or are there demons that can only be seen in certain ways? Stare at your reflection in the mirror long enough, and what stares back at you becomes an angry demonic, twisted version of yourself. (BTW, don't do this. It might take half an hour. Maybe more, maybe less. But your image will change.)
👆Bad Mojo!