Who has gone 150 MPH on a Motorcycle?

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
Yes. I lack the self control for a motorcycle anymore, so I had to sell it. I miss it, but know what riding in the nation's capital would have ended up causing.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yes. I lack the self control for a motorcycle anymore, so I had to sell it. I miss it, but know what riding in the nation's capital would have ended up causing.

I miss mine too, but probably done for good. A 20mph accident can put you down for good. In a car, most likely just a bruise from the damn air bag.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just need to Get my bikes back on the toad. Kid's been taking all my time since he joined the family.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya'll are crazy. Fastest I've ever been in a car is probably 95 for a few seconds and even that starts to make your mortality flash before your eyes. Helmet or not--- you're not frolicking in the meadows for long if you start to wobble on a crotch-rocket at 150mph.

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
95 is cruising speed for something German. An Audi (or Porsche) at 120 feels like a Chevy at 30. They're fun, but still not bike level exhilaration.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Aw, come on guy's, what is wrong with going fast, I took my wife, then girl friend, 130 mph as a passenger, and she loved it. Went from zero to over 80 with my daughter on the back in less than 3 seconds...

And, no I never did track days. I have special roads with no cross traffic to do my speed runs! I did get to drive my rental car around Daytona, and they told me to not go under 45-50 mph or it would slide off the banks. That was at another job I had in the 80's.

If if you have not gone over 100 mph, you have not really lived!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Aw, come on guy's, what is wrong with going fast, I took my wife, then girl friend, 130 mph as a passenger, and she loved it. Went from zero to over 80 with my daughter on the back in less than 3 seconds...

And, no I never did track days. I have special roads with no cross traffic to do my speed runs! I did get to drive my rental car around Daytona, and they told me to not go under 45-50 mph or it would slide off the banks. That was at another job I had in the 80's.

If if you have not gone over 100 mph, you have not really lived!!
i had a 1970 cb750 it was crazy fast

markr6

Flashaholic
Not saying it's safe or smart, but if you've never ridden a crotch rocket....70mph to 150mph is so quick it really doesn't seem like a big deal. It is, but it isn't. Hard to explain. On a wide open highway, you roll on the throttle and you're up there before you know it, then back down to cruising speed, within seconds. Sure you can get killed in those seconds. My advice is, don't.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not saying it's safe or smart, but if you've never ridden a crotch rocket....70mph to 150mph is so quick it really doesn't seem like a big deal. It is, but it isn't. Hard to explain. On a wide open highway, you roll on the throttle and you're up there before you know it, then back down to cruising speed, within seconds. Sure you can get killed in those seconds. My advice is, don't.

The saying comes to mind just because you can doesn't mean you should. I won't comment on what I ve done in my younger years but I can say it only takes 1 small thing to happen that you aren't expecting to change your life forever or end it instantly! Some things may sound fun but wisdom comes in knowing what you can do but having respect enough for forces out of your control not to take that chance.

markr6

Flashaholic
Exactly. It's something you'll do a few times and probably never again.

alex74

Newly Enlightened
a colleague of mine from work, without offending anyone, in my opinion is crazy, unconscious, and without respect for his life and that of others with his bmw s1000 rr more than once at 300km / h which should be about 188 miles and at those speeds a gnat is enough to kill itself

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im very very cheap so i dont want a speeding ticket .plus the drivers here are so aweful they dont look for us on bikes at all. i put many many miles on my motorcycles my 2018 model already has like 8000 miles

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
im very very cheap so i dont want a speeding ticket .plus the drivers here are so aweful they dont look for us on bikes at all. i put many many miles on my motorcycles my 2018 model already has like 8000 miles

not that easy to see you when you are splitting lines, or come out of nowhere cutting cars off at high speed. those who drive like normal people we see just fine.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
not that easy to see you when you are splitting lines, or come out of nowhere cutting cars off at high speed. those who drive like normal people we see just fine.

i dont do any of that .

raggie33

*the raggedier*
today i wanted to see how fast my rebel 300 cc went but i got afraid of geting a ticket but it goes way faster then i need it to.and since it is only 1 cylinder it is easy to fix

The difference being the profile and foot print of a motorcycle is substantionally smaller than most automobiles. A motorcyclist can be obscured from one's vision by a pack of gum.